British Columbia - Page 2 - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2015, 07:53 PM   #11 (permalink)

Thanks a lot Weylon! My hedgehog may need to visit a vet soon and I'm glad there's a good vet in Victoria!
bluegie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2015, 02:40 AM   #12 (permalink)

Default Richmond, BC

Dr. Michael Schaufele
Richmond Animal Hospital

I decided to take Yuki there after I decided it was time for her first checkup and also because it was relatively close to where I lived, thus decreasing the time Yuki would be in a car and stressed from all the noise. The staff at RAH were really friendly and Dr. Schaufele was very attentive to Yuki's needs. Checkup went smoothly without a hitch and he even did a nail trim for her as part of the checkup! Had a very good experience with him and RAH, so he'll definitely be Yuki's family doctor! haha.

Antares is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2015, 12:00 PM   #13 (permalink)

He doesn't work there anymore just a heads up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faifai View Post
Dr. Hugh Upjohn
Eagle Ridge Animal & Bird Hospital
http://www.eranimalhospital.com/index.html

I hear he's really good. I'd like to hear more reviews from other people.

I had a bit of a misunderstanding with him but the two of us worked it out in the end. I recommend him for those in the GVRD.
PEBBLES83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2017, 09:12 PM   #14 (permalink)

Hello!

I haven't posted on here for years! But I recently found an amazing vet for my grumpy boy, Gilbert.

Dr. Laura Graveling
http://southburnabyvet.com/team/laura-graveling/

If you live in Burnaby, I highly recommend going to see Dr. Laura Graveling at South Burnaby Veterinary Hospital. We've taken Gilbert there twice now, and Gilbert is not the most cooperative of patients. Dr. Graveling didn't mind being poked by Gilbert and she even came up with different ways to give Gilbert a check up without needing sedation. My boyfriend and I are EXTREMELY happy with the service and care we received.

We previously took Gilbert to Eagle Ridge out in Coquitlam and at the time we thought they were good. But compared to the care we received at South Burnaby, Eagle Ridge can't even compete.
kendonintendo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2018, 11:58 PM   #15 (permalink)

Hi guys, not sure if this is the right place, so admins, please let me know if this needs to go elsewhere.

I was given a baby hedgehog, but I also travel. I love her, and dont want to give her up, but I'll need someone to help take care of her while I'm gone (usually no more than a week).

Are there any vets in Vancouver or the Lower Mainland that would offer boarding? Or is there something like Rover (a dog-sitting service) but for hedgehogs?

If I can find a reliable hedgehog sitter, I'd be more than happy to reciprocate the favour.
yozhik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2018, 06:56 PM   #16 (permalink)

Langford, Bc
Glenview Animal Hospital
My last hedgehog had oral cancer. There was multiple vets here willing to treat hedgehogs, everyone was very nice, and the office itself was very clean and new.
Amy Symes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2018, 04:22 PM   #17 (permalink)

Dr. Ann Signorella
Victoria, British Columbia
3888 Carey Road

I took Henry there when I first got him, because at the time he refused to eat. When we got there the staff were so polite, especially those at the front desk. However when he was called in the vet was not very friendly, nor was she patient. For the majority of our visit he remained in a ball.

The reason behind this:

I am a first time Hedgie owner, but I spent enough time with him then to know that he will nibble your finger if you leave it in front of his face for too long. (There is a forum on here that will help you teach your hedgehog not to do that) the vet decided that it would be a good idea to put wet smeared cat food on her finger and stick it in front of Henry for him to eat, and it worked he came out. Then he licked her, despite me telling her that he nibbles she continued to do it calling it "Bonding" and then he nibbled her (No surprise there) it did't draw any blood but she seemed angry for the remainder of our visit. Which was not long.

I have yet to find another vet that will accept Henry but if I do I will update

FYI: Henry is no longer a nibbler, he doesn't even lick my fingers. The forum works!
Khali is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in