Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum - View Single Post - Vets - Not All Know About Hedgies
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 02:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
jeewee2009

Default Vets - Not All Know About Hedgies

I just wanted to post to say that because hedgies are not common pets, not all vets know how to properly treat them so becareful. There are vets out there that will bluff their way through and put your hedgies health at risk in order to make money.

I took my sweet little Jasmine to Lynden Veterinary Hospital in Lynden, WA, because he had suddenly become ill. The vet kept him overnight for observation and to run tests. I do not think that these tests were ever run as we were not given any tests results nor told what tests were being run. The vet said he didn't know what was wrong with our little guy, then said it was a respitory disease and perscribed antibiotics.

Our sweet little bundle of quills passed away yesterday morning. My husband held him and told him how much we loved him as Jassy passed. When we noticed something was wrong, we called the vet and even though we told them it was an emergency, they let us languish on hold.

If you are in the Lynden, WA area, please please please do not take your hedgehog to Lynden Veterinary Hospital because it would break my heart again to see this happen to somebody else.
jeewee2009 is offline   Reply With Quote