Hedgehog Central banner

Could I of been scamed?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  LadyV 
#1 ·
My Hedgie, which is supposed to be 7 weeks old....seems a lot bigger than the babies I see around the net. I'm wondering if I could of been scammed and I got an adult? I have to go to work but I will post some picks tonight that we took last night. What would I look for to make sure it is a baby? We love him anyway of course now, as we are already bonded with that little face, but "IF" I was scammed I sure have a lot to say that that woman!!

Thank you

#3 ·
That is really difficult to say for sure. I've had many 7 week old babies that were over 300g. Some grow really quickly, others slower. I've had 7 & 8 week olds that were larger than their parents.

By any chance is the baby quilling? If so and and he goes through another quilling in another few weeks or months, then yes, he is 7 weeks old. Most babies when they go to their new homes at 6 or 7 weeks old are still loosing quills and have another quilling to go through. :)

#5 ·
Thank you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.