Posting Guidelines - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2008, 12:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Hedgehog Central Forums Etiquette

While Hedgehog Central has and will continue to be a friendly, child-safe resource site, I would like to remind all members of basic forum etiquette rules. Essentially, this document lays out the basics of what is and is not acceptable behavior on the Net.

Good manners show an interest - a concern - for your fellow forum members rather than just your own wants. To seek your own interests first, foremost and exclusively shows a lack of maturity. Please consider the following. Flagrant and repeated violation of this policy may result in the removal of your privilege to participate in this forum.

General Guidelines for The Hedgehog Central Forums

* Think before you post
Consider that a large audience will see your posts, including your present or next boss or (in the case of our junior members) your parents. Take care in what you write. Remember too, that forum posts are archived, and that what you write may be stored for a very long time. These posts can be retrieved not only by forum members, but also from off-site sources such as a simple search engine query.

* Consider the source
Assume that individuals speak for themselves, and what they say does not represent Hedgehog Central. (unless stated explicitly) Opinions are just that - one person's viewpoint. They may be representative of the facts unless they are backed up by a general group consensus or are posted by a noted expert in the field.

* Be kind to the server
Remember that file and photo uploads take up system resources. The ability to upload your photos has been provided as a convenience, but remember to use this wisely. do not upload full-sized images from your camera! Resize your photos to no more than 800 x 600 pixels. If you do not know how to do this, ask.

* KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid)
Posts should be brief and to the point. Don't wander off-topic, don't ramble and don't post replies solely to point out other people's errors in typing or spelling. These, more than any other behavior, mark you as an immature beginner.

* Don't be Vague
Subject lines should be descriptive and should never be one word long or ambiguous as to their meaning.

* Be Yourself
Forging identities and spoofing will result in an immediate ban.

* Advertising
Advertising in the Classifieds section is acceptable for non-commercial users. Commercial enterprises must purchase banner space. Unsolicited advertising in posts or signature lines is not acceptable and will be dealt with promptly.

* Be Specific
If you are sending a reply to a post that has already had several replies, be sure you specify which post you are replying to. (unless, of course, it is the original posting) Use the 'quote' feature if this is convenient but be sure to remove all but the relevant material in your quote! This can be done by deleting the unneeded content in between the [ quote="username" ] and [ /quote ] code.
Never quote the entire post unless it is a one liner!

* Take it off-forum
If you should find yourself in a personal disagreement with another member, make your responses to each other via mail or the private message feature on the forum rather than continue to post messages in open forum.

* Smokey the Bear says:
Never get involved in flame wars. Neither post nor respond to incendiary material.

* Me Too
Avoid sending messages or posting articles which are no more than gratuitous replies to replies such as "I agree" or "Me too".

* Be Moderate
While discussions on this forum mainly concern hedgehog care, keeping and understanding, they may at time discuss topics of wider varieties of interests. These represent a diversity of lifestyles, religions, and cultures. Posts that involve subjects wherein the point of view is offensive to you should be viewed in the greater context. What is offensive to you may not necessarily be offensive to others. That said, sexually and racially harassing messages may also have legal implications and should be immediately reported to the Administration Team.
bryan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2014, 08:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

How do I get ticker tracker? I think it's neat, but can't figure it out, my little girl was born January 17 2014
Maria.r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in