Hello from Bartleby and I and a couple of questions - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2019, 07:07 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Hello from Bartleby and I and a couple of questions

Hey, just introducing myself and my hedgepig!
His name is Bartleby and he's around 19 months old, we drove for 4 hours each way to pick him up last Saturday after I fell in love with his advert on various websites.
He's my first hog in a long time (last time was pre YouTube 🤣 and easy to access forums) so far we're getting on just fine! He huffed the first day but hasn't since, he crawls onto my hands to come out at night, where he'll then snooze on my lap for a bit with a fleece and when he's ready he'll go off for a wander and explore but anytime there's a strange smell or loud noise (fireworks week in the UK) he'll come back to me, not the fleece, not my partner but me bless him. He loves his worms but atm they're just a treat when he's out with me to help bonding. He's eating well, and from what I've read it's good quality food for him (a mix of lily's kitchen cat biscuits and a another brand whose name has just escaped me). He loves his wheel and does do the some pooping in it but mostly he hops off to poop so no major poopboots to deal with so far, a quick wetwipe wash and they've been good to go!
I do have a couple of questions though...
His viv is too small really (3x1 ft) I do have a cc bigger one but with the 4 hour car ride and moving house etc I didn't wanna change too much at once so he's still in his viv, when's a good time to swap him over?
He's obsessed with my feet and anointing with them, is this OK? Or as I've read somewhere is he likely to think I'm a threat so making himself smell like me? I don't wanna be intimidating the little guy!
Mauloa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2019, 09:43 AM   #2 (permalink)

If he is super friendly with you, I do not think you should be worried about him annointing with your feet. Change his cage after a week or so.
Spiky_Floof<3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2019, 12:11 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thank you! He's super friendly the rest of the time, not balled or prickly and he seems to actively enjoy it! I just wanted to make sure. He came from a lovely home before hand they just unfortunately had a change in work schedules but he has definitely been well loved and well handled before I got him. There was actually 3 hedgies or so I thought that I fell in love with the adverts for, turns out it was the same hog and person just on 3 different sites with different user names so I kinda had to have him &#x2764;&#xfe0f;

Old 11-07-2019, 02:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

Any pics?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
y2jdmbfan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2019, 08:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

This was him this evening
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20191107_190154_1573173810524.jpg (140.0 KB, 3 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in