Hello there, I'm new...but old. - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Nuser

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2018, 02:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Smile Hello there, I'm new...but old.

Hi fellow prickly hedgehogs,

My name is Nuser and I'm 5 years old. It's not up until now that I've changed my activity level to be low. I'm old, but healthy, just becoming...slower. I've never had any health issues. I'm here to read about you other elder hedgehogs and your lives, because eventually it'll be time for me to lay down my quills too. I just like to be as prepared...and make sure my human understands what to do. She'll do anything for me.

I live in a huge area with two houses (one always either a bit lower or higher in the temperature than the other, so I can choose whichever depending on the temperature, since I live in an area where the temperature is a rollercoaster at times) I've gotten used to it. My human checks up on me every 4th hour during the day. I have tons of hideouts, tunnels, toys and bedding to dig through, go on adventure in. My ground area is covered in fleece. Soft and comfortable. I love my grip! I eat, drink, pee and poop normal. I get fed in bowls. It works best for me. I used to run for hours in my wheel each night, but in the past 6 months it's on a way lower level. Now I mainly just run for a bit, then pee and poop there, haha...then eat and go around my area looking for dried mealworms...and go to sleep...and do it again 3-4 times at night.
I love laying on my human's chest and look at her as she feeds me live-mealworms and smushed cat food (some teeth have falling out, but I'm ok) and drink water. I then nap on her and listens to her heart. I've always been a grumpy hedgehog, but my human has always loved me nevertheless from day one

Tag me in a post/thread if you have related elderly topics to post, thanks!

BTW Here's my IG : https://www.instagram.com/nuserhedgehog

Huffs n puffs,
Nuser

Last edited by Nuser; 06-20-2018 at 02:19 PM.
Nuser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2018, 12:03 AM   #2 (permalink)

Hello Nuser! I am already in love with you sweet one!! You are so gorgeous . Thank you for sharing your activities with us. Your photos on Instagram are just adorable. You certainly know how to relax and splat!!!!! I hope to hear more of your interesting stories and see more of your wonderful photos!!!!

Last edited by shetland; 06-23-2018 at 12:04 AM. Reason: error
shetland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2018, 09:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

Aw, this is cute! I feel like this could be a really adorable book.
welcomemoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in