Dead baby with face missing - Page 4 - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

Like Tree130Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2014, 10:47 PM   #31 (permalink)

So your keeping him right? Thought of names?
Charlie's mommy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2014, 09:24 AM   #32 (permalink)

Im not 100% decided but I'm leaning toward keeping him. I guess since he's the lone surviver and it's my first litter i want too.
I haven't thought of names yet, I just been calling him " cute stuff"

Little update:
Yesterday morning I watched on the tv while drinking coffee, I seen Nikki pull him out of the nest and lay down to feed him. (I haven't seen him nurse until then) then she nudged him back into the nest.. It was a awesome interaction to watch.

Today I walked in to feed her and the baby was just exploring. He is very active. I was watching and then the lights turned on and Nikki was rounding him up like a sheep dog. She was running in circles, guiding him to the nest but the lip on the nest is too big for him to climb into but he was trying.
So Nikki tried picking him up but seemed to have trouble climbing in with him. Then she just ran into the nest without him. I put him into the nest for her and gave her treats. Nikki seems like her normal loving self trying to climb into my hand.

Now they are just cuddling I can't wait until I can let them both out to run around.
ellisrks01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2014, 09:57 AM   #33 (permalink)

Default 3 week 3 days old

I'm pretty excited because I think I figured out how to post more than one picture at a time. (I always want to share pics but can't)

Not much to update but....
Two days ago I took Nikki out of her cage for the first time since having the babies. It was nice to hold her again, I missed my buddy. So I gave her a good back rub.

The baby has been out exploring every night with mama, he is 3 weeks and 3 days old today.Now he is able to crawl back into the nest by himself. I hold him for about 5-10 minutes a day now. He anoints the whole time I hold him, every time.(little weirdo) I don't see any teeth in his mouth yet, i think they should be coming soon. Nikki has always been great at leaving kibble crumbs in the bowl so I cant wait too see the hoglet start trying her leftovers

Mom and dad both have very good tempers, but the baby seems to be a bit huffy right now? He doesn't ball up or anything, he doesn't even cover his face, he just huffs randomly, a lot

Hopefully my pictures post below. I just wanted to share
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1304.jpg (73.9 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1306.jpg (73.9 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1300.jpg (226.2 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1268.jpg (185.0 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1279.jpg (149.3 KB, 42 views)

Old 09-17-2014, 11:46 AM   #34 (permalink)

He. Is. Just. Adorable!
ellisrks01 likes this.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:06 PM   #35 (permalink)

He has such adorable colouring.
ellisrks01 likes this.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:23 PM   #36 (permalink)

So dark! He's so cute!
ellisrks01 likes this.
DesireeM81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2014, 03:44 PM   #37 (permalink)

Thanks everyone he's awesome. He's also really weird, when he anoints it's super loud and kinda gross, like he's gurgling it's cute though.
Old 09-17-2014, 05:55 PM   #38 (permalink)

Dying
From
Cuteness

~gasp~
ellisrks01 likes this.

gracefulchaos01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2014, 04:57 PM   #39 (permalink)

I just want to kiss that little chocolately face!
ellisrks01 likes this.
phoenix1964 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2014, 09:44 AM   #40 (permalink)

Default 4 weeks 3 days old

Nikki's little baby has still been doing great! He is 4 weeks and 3 days old today.

Since the last time I updated he had his little teeth come in, it seemed like they grew in over night! About four days ago he started trying moms leftover kibble. Yay! When I feed Nikki meat,eggs, baby food ect.. I see the baby getting in the food dish but I can't tell if he's eating any of that stuff. I still haven't seen him drink from the water bowl.

The cage is not really gross anymore, well, not that gross. I have been spot cleaning everyday for the last week and a half, it really helps. I've been doing it for months before she had the babies, so she seems fine with it

I have been taking Nikki out of the cage for about 20 mins of play time every night. I think I will see if she wants to wheel for a few mintues tonight for the first time in awhile she'll probably love it.
The baby is out of the cage hanging out with me for about 45 minutes a day now. But I have yet to have them both out at the same time.

I just wanted to let all you know how things are going. I'm inexperienced but from everything I've learned he seems to be right on track to weaning!!

I'm posting a picture below of the babies first "treat" it was a little piece of beef and he loved it! I probably won't be give anymore treats to him until he's weaned, I want to make sure he's eating plenty of kibble for now..

And yes, I know I shouldn't feed him out of my hand...but it happend
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (134.0 KB, 33 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in