Breeding questions - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2010, 06:57 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Breeding questions

Hello everyone I have a female hedgehog that is about 8 months old now. She was bred on may 1st. Few days ago I cleaned her cage and place her in a small clear bucket. She appears really fat and I notice she got like 4-6 nipples showing. (from looking under the clear bucket) This is like for female rats/hamsters when they preggo.

Question #1 I seen a lot of thread stating oh I put my male and female hedgehog together for an hr or so.... Will she be pregnant and how would I know? Everyone's answer was she is for sure you got to wait 30-45 days and see what happens?? So my question is can't you tell if the female is preggo if her nipples starts showing and she is fat and round..

I've been feeding her royals and she eats like a pig. Not sure if she is fat because of the food or because shes pregnant.

Question #2 How do I know when she is going in labor? What time do they usually give birth?

Question #3 What temp should it be so the kids won't get too cold. I know the hotter it is the more SMELLY its gonna get!! I'm on using a ceramic bulb. NO heatpad.

So yeah its been about 31-32 days ...

I got a funny story I would like to share... I have a huge packman frog that I leave next / near the female hedgehog. So couple days ago I heard some noise that sounded like a crying hedgehog or rat squeeking! I was so excited I went on youtube to check out baby hedgehog and the noises were so similar! Later on I moved my pacman frog and all of the sudden he was scratching his legs trying to dig lower.. false alert it was the pacman frog that made the noise with his feet rubbing againstthe plastic!! so molded.

All comments and help will be appreciated!

Btw I have a salt and pepper male hedgehog and a cinnamon female.
Longx412 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2010, 07:36 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Breeding questions

All you can do is wait,there is no certian time that a hedgie will give birth. Keep the temp. around 75.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in