Question about where to post something - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2012, 04:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Question about where to post something

I am wanting to start breeding hedgehogs. Which part of the forum would i ask questions about? The general questions section or.....?

Old 08-04-2012, 04:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Question about where to post something

Yikes, that's a can of worms. Don't expect too much support, we don't really like to encourage people to venture down that path unless they're seriously experienced with hedgehogs and know what they're getting into. You're welcome to post, though, our forum for that is called Breeding and Babies Help: viewforum.php?f=25

LizardGirl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2012, 05:15 PM   #3 (permalink)

i believe i am serious about it. I love hedgehogs and would like to expand this passion. I am still reaserching this area. I would love to become a breeder but i am finding that it is expesive to optain a USDA License, but price is an opsticle i can overcome. I have been debating for a long time. At one point I was sure i was goin to become a breeder but i decided to wait. so ya. Arn't a lot of people on here breeders. Are you a breeder?

Old 08-04-2012, 05:19 PM   #4 (permalink)

I am a breeder, but I also waited until I had five years of good experience caring for multiple hedgehogs before getting started. You can't get a USDA license unless you're 18+, so I'm not sure how you'd plan on doing that? Regardless, I don't think you should breed. In your area there are already plenty of good breeders serving the market and you need to learn more about hedgehogs first. Enjoy Milo as a pet, stay involved in the community, and maybe you'll be up for breeding in a few years when you have a better grasp on everything it entails.

Old 08-04-2012, 05:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

K and thanks. I didn't know you had to be 18+ to get a USDA License. I am only 14. I was deciding whether or not to breed a little after i did the last post and i came to the conclusion to wait till i had become a veterinarian or until i was older. Thanks for the advice and everything and i do plan becoming a hedgehog breeder someday. I will always stay connected and on this forum. Thanks again.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:53 PM   #6 (permalink)

That's a great choice and shows some serious responsibility! Glad to hear it.

Old 08-04-2012, 10:04 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in