Hedgehog Central  Hedgehog pet care & owner forum

Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum (https://www.hedgehogcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Breeding & Babies Help (https://www.hedgehogcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Pregnancy signs and tips! (https://www.hedgehogcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132554)

Fraido 03-04-2016 03:40 PM

Pregnancy signs and tips!

4 Attachment(s)
My hedgie was recently bred, my mentor has been breeding hedgies successfully for many years now, but I figure asking non-emergent questions on here is a good way to get some more action on the forums!

So, she was taken for three weeks, and while I think it's a little bit long, my guy pairs them for the whole three weeks. I just got her back today and am wondering what sort of signs I should be looking for, and any tips the lovely people of Hedgehog Central can offer me! Aside from what my mentor recommends, I want your opinions on what's best as well!

Petlover500 03-04-2016 06:48 PM

Have you seen the stickied topics? :P
They are really good, if you haven't already I recommend checking them out! (:

Fraido 03-04-2016 09:32 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Yes I have! I was just hoping I could get some of everybody's opinions here. After all, what's the point of being able to post on the forums if you just want people to read stickies?:p

nikki 03-05-2016 12:12 AM

The reason to have a mentor is to be able to ask them theses questions. If you read the forum this question has been answered many times.

Fraido 03-05-2016 01:08 AM

4 Attachment(s)
As I said in my original post, I wanted to become more active on the forum, that is why I brought my question here, and I'm not going to do that by just going through everyone else's posts for my answers. What is the point of signing up when you ask a question and ask for tips and just get told to go find and read the answer on other posts yourself? So my apologies for trying to be an active member rather than just a lurker. I will just go back to lurking, thank you anyways. (Not trying to get rude or anything, just what I have to say.)

nikki 03-05-2016 01:09 AM

We love having active members but we also get tired of answering the same questions over and over. I did a quick search of the forum and came up with 63 threads that have already answered this.

Fraido 03-05-2016 01:22 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Of course; however, I find that this helps to keep the forums active, it keeps the questions fresh and close to the top and easy to find, and often times it's a good way to have the answers to all of one specific person's questions in one easy to find area (if they don't happen to be in a sticky).

I should also probably say I keep reading your post in two different ways, when it comes to the word read. Looking at it as *red* seems very snooty compared to reading it as *reed*. You know what I mean? Like, "if you *red* the forums you'd know this already" is kind of how my mind took that.

But, as I said, I will stick to lurking.

Petlover500 03-05-2016 01:44 AM

If you have specific questions, I bet hedgie breeders would be happy to answer!
But having questions with such a broad topic can just be found in stickied threads that get answered over and over :P

Fraido 03-05-2016 02:30 AM

The stickies didn't give me anything I was looking for actually, it's all about before breeding, emergency babies, ethics, etc. I did skim through and check out what each was really about. I'm specifically looking for stuff about caring for her while she's pregnant. Maybe I missed it?

Signs of pregnancy isn't a broad question, at least I don't think so. I wasn't sure if there was anything else aside from weight gain, eating more food, and getting a bit round towards the end.

Regarding tips, I really just wanted any opinions anybody had to offer, be it what specific food they like to give their pregnant hedgies, about when to take the wheel away(?), any tips individuals have from their experiences. I didn't think it would be an issue, to be honest.

But seeing as most people probably don't want to repeat themselves, I will simply cruise around the forums and read more.

Fraido 03-05-2016 02:33 AM

I appreciate you trying to help though!:)