Hedgehog Central banner

I Need Colour Help With My Hedgie Bessie

3K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Luck 
#1 ·
Heres a pic of bessie
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=11sickz&s=4
I just got here 2 days ago and she is very fat but im going to start her on a diet once she settles in.
She looks like she has some auburn to her.
- quill banding-?
- Skin colour (over the shoulder area)-pink
- eye colour-blue
- nose colour - pink with freckles
- mask- pink with freckles
- mottling on the legs and underbelly -?
- age" -3

#3 ·
I agree with gnarly. algerian chocolate, and ya, a better pic would help tho. Hey bryan, when u come strolling through here, can u answer this: Is algerian chocolate the most common colour???

#8 ·
Algerian Chocolate Pinto. The nose has pinto patches on it, so even if there aren't any areas with white quills, she's still pinto.

iamdbf said:
I agree with gnarly. algerian chocolate, and ya, a better pic would help tho. Hey bryan, when u come strolling through here, can u answer this: Is algerian chocolate the most common colour???
Yes, Algerian Chocolate is pretty much the most common colour, with White-Bellied Chocolate a close second. The reason for this is that these are the two wild colours - the native colours. Because of this, hedgehog colours have a naturally tendency to "drift" back to chocolate. For example, Apricot bred to Grey will produce mostly Chocolate even though several other colours besides Chocolate lie between the two. Being the dominant colour form, Chocolate tends to "win out".

Bryan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.