Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum - View Single Post - heating pads vs. the other types of heating for a modified sterilite bin cage
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 10:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
josie oak

i don't have a wire cage, though. i'm worried that the clamps might melt the plastic, or that it will tip over and again melt the plastic or something around it. what if i had two heating pads, ones that were designed for animals such as hedgehogs so that they wouldn't go above a certain temperature?

i looked in the product reviews here and they have ones like that...like this one http://cozywinters.com/shop/kh-1060.html

i really like using the sterilite bin as a cage, it's worked fantastically so far and my last hedgie did just fine in it and it's super easy to clean, so i really don't want to change cages >.<

i also wonder if id be able to have this sort of heating pad on the INSIDE of the cage under the fleece lining since it's waterproof, chew proof and meant to be directly sat on (as it caps off at a certain temperature specially for animals like hedgehogs)
josie oak is offline   Reply With Quote