What other pets do you all have? - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

Like Tree34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2014, 11:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default What other pets do you all have?

Greetings everyone! As I read through this forum I am amazed to see the many pictures of our hedgies as well as other pets! I know I personally have a bit of a zoo (dog, cat, dumbo rats, chinchilla, leopard geckos, bearded dragon, ball pythons, tarantulas, fish, parrots and a hissing cockroach in addition to my hedge!) I was just curious what everyone else had living with them. My family has feathers, fur, scales and spines. Just wondered what else you all love!
Lilysmommy, tony21 and DesireeM81 like this.

HedgieLoverRVA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2014, 12:00 AM   #2 (permalink)

How are you housing a chinchilla and a hedgie in the same house safely? One will either be too cold, or the other will be too hot. They're very environmentally incompatible animals.

Soyala_Amaya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2014, 01:25 AM   #3 (permalink)

I just have a dog named Nico! I love him to death. He is my baby. I spoil him as much as possible. He is 13 years old now and still acts like he did when he was a puppy <3
DesireeM81 likes this.

sc2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2014, 03:24 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soyala_Amaya View Post
How are you housing a chinchilla and a hedgie in the same house safely? One will either be too cold, or the other will be too hot. They're very environmentally incompatible animals.
Most people heat their hedgehog's cage with heat lamps, so I don't see the problem of housing a chinchilla as well? It has nothing to do with the rest of the house. They might even be in different rooms?

I currently have a short tail opossum and a crested gecko, beside my hogs
Lilysmommy, tony21 and DesireeM81 like this.

Draenog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2014, 10:15 AM   #5 (permalink)

Right now I just have my two piggies and a 5 year old black lab. I'll hopefully have another pedigreed male hog in the next few months.

O yah, I also have two of the neighbors cats outside that i thought were cute so I fed them and now they won't leave and within the last 2 weeks a kitten found his way over to my house(another neighbors cat)... . Long story sort I bought them some food, a cat bed and heating pad for at night becuase it's so cold. I'm not really a cat person, but I guess they count as mine
tony21 likes this.
ellisrks01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2014, 12:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisrks01 View Post
Right now I just have my two piggies and a 5 year old black lab. I'll hopefully have another pedigreed male hog in the next few months.

O yah, I also have two of the neighbors cats outside that i thought were cute so I fed them and now they won't leave and within the last 2 weeks a kitten found his way over to my house(another neighbors cat)... . Long story sort I bought them some food, a cat bed and heating pad for at night becuase it's so cold. I'm not really a cat person, but I guess they count as mine
Please don't do this. They are not your cats. I really don't get why people feed the cats of other people, causing them to stay away from their real owners (or even worse, fattening them up because they eat at two different places - and some cats are on a strict diet, so it can even be dangerous to feed them). It's really not a good thing to do. It's awful for cat owners when your cat doesn't come home and you have no clue why, and it turns out someone else has 'claimed' them.

Draenog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2014, 01:01 PM   #7 (permalink)

It was a joke when I said " I guess they count as mine". Maybe I shouldn't feed the cats but I do.
Both neighbors bought the cats in the last 6 months and leave them out side to roam the neighborhood day and night and it's below freezing some nights, so I got them a bed and heat pad so they don't freeze.
I personally don't think it's right they bring the cats home and that same day let them lose for the neighborhood.

I was just sharing my other pets and chit chatting about funny cats that stay outside. I wasn't sharing to get bashed on.
tony21 likes this.
ellisrks01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2014, 03:20 PM   #8 (permalink)

I hate when people buy cats or dogs and just let them out all the time. Around here they don't last long, as wolves and yotes love a good snack. That or they get ran over. We have enough strays, don't need to be adding new ones. When I had a cat and a dog, they were only aloud out on the fenced in property ( the cat was tied up ). The only cats around here that live outside are barn cats, its not fare to leave your house cat out all hrs of the night.
ellisrks01 likes this.
tony21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2014, 03:26 PM   #9 (permalink)

As for pets. I currently have a pythons and 3 boas, 2 tarantulas, a scorpion, and a sun conure ( my gfs ). I have had to down size a bit well I build my spare into my new herp room. I will then begin building up again.
ellisrks01 and DesireeM81 like this.
tony21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2014, 05:56 PM   #10 (permalink)

I have 4 hedgehogs, 2 ferrets, 3 dogs and a crested gecko.

I don't feel too bad about my list now that I see others.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in