Instagram users, this really hurts my feelings. - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By Meguana
  • 1 Post By Draenog
  • 1 Post By Meguana
  • 2 Post By Draenog
  • 1 Post By Meguana
  • 4 Post By Nancy
  • 1 Post By CoffeeKat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2014, 04:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Instagram users, this really hurts my feelings.

There is an Instagram user who has posted pictures of herself feeding her hedgie things like ramen noodles, chocolate cake, tomatoes etc. Why oh why would someone get an animal and not take care of it properly?! I'm worried the poor thing is going to get sick or worse. Owner refuses to believe that.
Kiwithehedgie likes this.

Last edited by Nancy; 10-26-2014 at 07:31 PM.
Meguana is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2014, 05:03 PM   #2 (permalink)

This hedgehog passed away last week at the blessed age of 5.5 years. Her owner took very good care of her.

Also, I don't see the point at talking about other people on forums? Not a very nice thing to do imo.
CoffeeKat likes this.

Draenog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2014, 05:15 PM   #3 (permalink)

If concern for animal isn't very nice then I guess I'm a mean person. I've been worried senseless about that hedgehog all day

Old 10-26-2014, 05:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

You could have left the name out of your post, for example. I'm sure this forum isn't meant for talking behind other's backs.

Anyway, while a pizza-only diet is definitely not good for your hedgehog, a small bite of certain foods won't kill it. I give mine a small bite out of a cookie sometimes. They love it. But it's not like I am doing that every day.
CoffeeKat and gracefulchaos01 like this.

Old 10-26-2014, 05:37 PM   #5 (permalink)

Fair enough. But it doesn't help that there were no pictures (at least that were showing up on my phone) of her hedgehog unless it was eating something unhealthy which lead me to believe she had no idea how to take care of said animal. It also didn't help that she was just antagonizing people who said "she shouldn't eat that..." Instead of saying "it's only an occasional treat." The two who were complaining just seemed like they were trying to be helpful. Except the sarcastic remarks from one of the users. But now I feel bad and I'm just going to excuse myself.

Last edited by Meguana; 10-26-2014 at 05:40 PM.
Old 10-26-2014, 06:13 PM   #6 (permalink)

I understand your concern, but I think it was mostly just bad timing since her hog just passed away (which you didn't know then, of course). I think she is currently uploading some of her favourite pictures.
She might even be a member of this forum. Not sure about that.

Last edited by Draenog; 10-26-2014 at 06:15 PM.
Old 10-26-2014, 11:46 PM   #7 (permalink)

This same issue came up on this forum a few years ago, and was handled effectively by the owner. Then, as now, the drama began because someone lacked the courage to speak directly to the person they felt was being irresponsible. Then, as now, the issue was taken to public forum in a passive aggressive manner. Meguana, next time someone does or says something that offends you, speak to them directly.
Old 10-27-2014, 08:44 AM   #8 (permalink)
Hooked on Hogs

Lets be fair here people. If this was a post about anyone other than who it is, there would be no outrage over the op's post and many people would be agreeing. People post all the time about things they see that concerns them about the hedgehogs (or other animals) care or environment and nobody jumps all over them.

The op does not know the history and how well loved this particular hedgehog and owner is, nor how well cared for the hedgehog was. So lets not attack the op over something that normally nobody would have a problem with.

Retired from breeding

Rescue contact for both the Hedgehog Welfare Society and the IHA
Rescued over 70 (and counting) hedgehogs needing a new home

http://freewebs.com/thehedgieden/
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2014, 09:49 AM   #9 (permalink)

Fair enough, but I stand by my original post: if you see something that disturbs you, speak directly to the person responsible BEFORE bringing it to public forum. This applies to pet stores, Craig's List, or someone's home. Simply seeking validation for your outrage does not help the situation.
ellisrks01 likes this.
Old 10-27-2014, 09:51 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
Lets be fair here people. If this was a post about anyone other than who it is, there would be no outrage over the op's post and many people would be agreeing. People post all the time about things they see that concerns them about the hedgehogs (or other animals) care or environment and nobody jumps all over them.

The op does not know the history and how well loved this particular hedgehog and owner is, nor how well cared for the hedgehog was. So lets not attack the op over something that normally nobody would have a problem with.
I disagree. It's very easy to just leave out a name, doesn't matter who it is.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in