Anyone own or ride horeses? :) - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By fireflyhaven09
  • 1 Post By SpikeMoose

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2014, 01:08 AM   #1 (permalink)

Smile Anyone own or ride horeses? :)

Hey everyone,

I was just curious to see if there were any other horse owners on this site, or if anyone rides.

I bought my first horse in October of last year. She's a dark bay Appendix Quarter Horse Mare named Bella and will be turning 22 next month (though she's got the heart and spirit of a 4 year old).

We rescued her because she wasn't wanted since she didn't fit into the program at the barn she was located at. Best $250 ever. She's so full of life and has an amazing personality, and isn't really afraid of anything.

Bella and I ride trails and we love to jump. Recently we competed in a Dressage show at my barn and came in first place in one class and third place for our other! I was and still am so proud of her.
fireflyhaven09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2014, 12:05 PM   #2 (permalink)

What a beautiful girl, and great story! I'm so glad you found each other!
My home is a 250 acre horse farm, and it would take all day to talk about each amazing creature on the farm. There are currently 37 horses, both privately owned and boarded and those that belong to the farm/lesson program.
My man is a 17 year old thoroughbred gelding named Zeus, that I rescued eleven years ago from a farm that left him out in a field with worms because he was "hot" - aka acted like a young untrained racehorse. I got him and my vet told us to prepare for the worst- he was 500lb's underweight and could barely stand. Now he's chunky, sweet, and amazing to ride! He still takes pleasure in a nice big buck after every cross country jump... Some never grow up!
I work, ride, and care for all the horses but he'll always have a special place in my heart as my first "officially" all-mine horse.
We rave everything from imported German dressage horses to 4 y/o off the track rescues who still don't know how to do anything but run. As I type I can see out my window that someone, I won't judge who cough*Dewy*cough, has ripped their blanket off. If I look at the barn from the house I will always discover something new to do! Hehehe
Aether likes this.
-Anatole France
SpikeMoose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2014, 12:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thank you! She's my world, that's for sure. I always said I'd never own a mare but when I saw her add on Craigslist, I had to see her. Something clicked with both her and I and that was it... *cue the begging of the husband to let me get her lol* Daniel bought her for me as an early Christmas/Birthday present and she's been mine ever since Bella used to race, though she's had quite a bit of retraining since her QH-racing days. She still loves going all out at a gallop if I let her, though

You're so lucky! I'd LOVE to live on a farm like that! My parents own 7.5 acres but they don't have any animals on it. My husband and I are looking to purchase a nice property in the future, but we're just saving up some money for now until we can do so.
fireflyhaven09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in