Out & About (some spider pics inside) - Hedgehog Central – Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2014, 05:57 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Out & About (some spider pics inside)

I was about to get a pair of adult axolotls today from my local pet mall but they were out of stock, to my dismay. So i went home disappointed with a week supply of superworms & crickets, a pack of laterite, a bottle of malachite green, a big bag of wood shavings and a glass enclosure for my new tarantula at hand. Better luck next time! Lol

Tiger Lily re-housed since she obviously doesn't like it moist and kept stilting all night

I took a photo of my 3-year old betta, Mr.fishy, on a bowl while i'm sterilizing his tank

Of course this day won't be complete without the antics of my golden skinks. Ursula and gang doing a boss monster attack simulation. Whoever said role-playing games are just for humans? Lol

My alpha female Ursula lazying on a hot afternoon

Axolotls just you wait!!
Nancy, Lilysmommy, Draenog and 3 others like this.

Neil

" With great power comes great electricity bill... "
Tongue_Flicker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2014, 10:56 AM   #2 (permalink)

Love it! I hadn't ever thought to do stone/gravel as substrate for any of our Ts. The stilting is funny.. we have a few who will do that.. even the ones who are supposed to need the moisture! Most of the time now I just mist/spray one side of their enclosure so they can have a dry side if they prefer. Hehe. Love the skinks!!

RIP Darcy (8/2010-9/10/2014)

Check out my Etsy shop for snuggle sacks and the like!
hlsiefken is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2014, 01:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

The powerpuff Skinks! Very cute! Fuzzy wuzzy spider is adorable. I think the snake pillow is rather cute.

I do not have spider experience, but your tarantula looks rather tame in your hand.

Your betta reminds me of two of mine. A female named Zair (Bathazair) and a male named Geisha both have those really nice black spots on their fins. For the record I have 7 individually tanked bettas, I defy you to not fall in love with every betta you see too!

Yes I have read the hedgehog book and I think its wonderful thank you.

“Physicists are made of atoms. A physicist is an attempt by an atom to understand itself.”-Michio Kaku
MeowHype is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2014, 03:03 PM   #4 (permalink)

Love them all. How many pets do you have now anyway? O___O

Also, yay for betta! I've got a female veiltail, possibly rainbow coloration, in a roomy 5gal and she's so freaking feisty. XD
Altearithe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2014, 12:37 AM   #5 (permalink)

@hlsiefken: experimenting with substrate here is forgivable since we have a high humidity gradient and warm temps now lol.. i was planning to put her on laterite though i wasn't sure if it was safe for Ts

@meowhype: i'm expecting my betta to die on me anytime soon since he's at his lifespan average. I'm sooo gonna be sad if that happens. He was my longest living fish lol

@altearithe: you don't wanna know haha. But rough estimate would be safe to say less than 300 all including the unhatched eggs of my snakes and lizards

Neil

Old 02-20-2014, 04:43 AM   #6 (permalink)

I love your skinks!

Draenog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2014, 09:30 AM   #7 (permalink)

Haha thanks! I was just wondering, have you ever used laterite as a substrate for any of your animals? I'm thinking of planning something lol

Neil

Old 02-20-2014, 10:21 AM   #8 (permalink)

I wish I could go to your zoo! But I think I will pass out seeing those eight-legged beauties!
miyonette22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2014, 12:55 PM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to sweetergrrrl

I am currently down to one betta, but with two bowls floating around the house, I am keeping my eye out at work for some really cool looking ones! Mt favorite part of the week is when we get in a big box of bettas and I get to put them in the cups. The always look pleased with a little more room. And I get first dibs!

sweetergrrrl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2014, 12:53 AM   #10 (permalink)

@miyonette: i'm actually in the process of getting a permit to collect, mass-breed and get a mini-zoo up but it's actually more of a botanical garden specializing in cacti and other succulents

@sweetergrrl: my betta's back in his 5-gal tank! Haha! There was a weird overgrowth that's why i did an emergency clean up

Neil

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central – Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in