The Rant Room - Hedgehog Central – Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2010, 08:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Sakura
Post The Rant Room

Everyone has those days when they really need to rant! This is not a snark thread, so no ranting about other members, ok? Just rant about what in your day made you feel angry/unhappy/irrational/angsty!

I love/hate our local park! We don't have a dog park so we have to go on base, but let me tell you Texas is not known for its soft grass! I got a burr in my foot, didn't notice it until today and hubbs had to rip open a fairly large chunk of skin to pull the sucker out. Owies!

2 Dogs - Apollo & Kuma
1 Cat - Nyx
1 Rabbit - Michiko
1 Bird - Phoenix
2 Sugar Gliders - Kami & Yasuo
1 Hamster - Robo

Proud Air Force Family
Sakura is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2010, 09:27 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: The Rant Room

Ouch! Sorry about your foot!
Old 03-27-2010, 09:53 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to kyararahl Send a message via Yahoo to kyararahl

I think Petco needs to go out of business. I went in there today and it was N-A-S-T-Y. I even took pics. Poor animals with no food or filthy water. It is the only place that sells high quality pet food, minus a feed store that sells Nutro. That is what I am going to buy now. I will never go in there again, and yes I did complain.

The sad part is I used to work there! If I had ever let the animals look like that I would have been fired on the spot!

UGH!

kyararahl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2010, 01:23 AM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks tie-dye. It's feeling much better now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyararahl
I think Petco needs to go out of business. I went in there today and it was N-A-S-T-Y. I even took pics. Poor animals with no food or filthy water. It is the only place that sells high quality pet food, minus a feed store that sells Nutro. That is what I am going to buy now. I will never go in there again, and yes I did complain.

The sad part is I used to work there! If I had ever let the animals look like that I would have been fired on the spot!

UGH!
That's awful! I have not been in a PetCo for quite a while, but they definitely seem to vary by store depending on the manager there. Thankfully our local PetSmart is phenomenal about taking care of their animals for the most part [but they keep getting Green Cheeks in really rough shape]. Definitely notify Corporate!

2 Dogs - Apollo & Kuma
1 Cat - Nyx
1 Rabbit - Michiko
1 Bird - Phoenix
1 Hamster - Robo

Proud Air Force Family
Old 03-28-2010, 12:34 PM   #5 (permalink)

Ranting here wont fix it, report them if there is animal abuse and neglect going on.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:53 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to kyararahl Send a message via Yahoo to kyararahl

I did report them to PETA and to corporate office. I even sent them pictures I took with my cell phone. I also called the local animal control. Here is the "reply" I got from them.

Quote:
Dear Melonie,

Thank you for contacting PETCO regarding your concern with our store at 4140 East 2nd St. We are sorry to hear about your recent experience.
Let me assure you that our PETCO associates truly care about animals. We hire associates who truly love animals and who share our passion about animal care and wellbeing. We also have strict policies, procedures and training programs in place to educate and train our associates on how to properly care for animals. It’s our goal that our associates be as knowledgeable as possible so that they may be a resource to our customers. By doing this we hope that the level of care we give our animals will go beyond the store and into the homes of responsible pet owners. This is why we allow customers to return most of the companion animals we sell and adopt within 15 days of receipt if they are unable to give them the care they need.

I have notified the store's General Manager your concern for this to be addressed accordingly. Again, we apologize and hope you will shop with PETCO again soon.

Please know that we care about our customers and what they think of us. By letting us know when we fall short of your expectations, we have the opportunity to address your concerns and to be better prepared to meet your expectations in the future. If we can be of any further assistance, please feel free to reply to this communication or call PETCO Customer Relations directly at 1-888-824-PALS (7257). Thank you again for contacting PETCO.

Sincerely,

Vincent M.
Customer Relations Coordinator

At PETCO, Animals Always Come First... Our People Make it Happen!
Pics

http://s900.photobucket.com/home/kyararahl

kyararahl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2010, 03:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

I seen your pics and am glad you took them. Those were outright funky cages. I could understand if it was some mess but those cages looked like an accumulation from not being cleaned properly. I can understand why you were upset and glad they got turned it. That was an awesome thing for you to do so that the animals might be taken care of better
Old 03-28-2010, 04:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

Awesome blossom!
Old 03-28-2010, 07:22 PM   #9 (permalink)

Those are really dirty! I am glad you sent something in and I hope for the sake of the animals Corporate comes down on their heads!

2 Dogs - Apollo & Kuma
1 Cat - Nyx
1 Rabbit - Michiko
1 Bird - Phoenix
1 Hamster - Robo

Proud Air Force Family
Old 03-28-2010, 10:51 PM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Alastrina

I'm 3 months shy of graduating with my AS in Graphic Design, and I am JUST NOW taking Core Education classes (Sociology and Information Literacy)! Ergh! At this point I should be polishing up my portfolio, maybe one more design related class, and be out the door!

The part that really gets my goat is the Info Lit class is all about how to use the school information resources (they have an online library) and how to properly format the research papers I've been writing for the last 2 YEARS >_< It just seems like a waste of 5 weeks of my time now when it would have been so much more helpful as the first class right out of the starting gate. I whine to my hubby about the unfairness of it all, but he just shrugs and sneaks off to work on his car. ^_^

~Katie

Rest in Peace Charley, you will always be my heart <3
Alastrina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central – Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in