Say It. I Dare You. - Page 14 - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2013, 05:08 PM   #131 (permalink)

Default Re: Say It. I Dare You.

I'm in the Middle East this summer. I really like it here, but there are a couple of issues. First, I feel like everyone else in the program speaks Arabic super well and I just end up looking stupid, so I don't really talk much. I find them pretty intimidating and I don't want them to know how incompetent I am. Also, the men here are NOT afraid to let women know that they're being looked at/ hit on. I can tolerate the cars honking and the men shouting. What I can't deal with is the constant staring. Women can't walk down the street without men just staring at them, watching their every move. Even if they're completely covered up, nothing deters the guys. It genuinely freaks me out sometimes how bold a lot of these guys are when it comes to hitting on and objectifying women.

Also, my best friend/ boyfriend is in South Africa studying monkeys until June 14. He doesn't have internet access so I haven't heard from him since he left around May 21. So far, I've been doing very well; I haven't cried about it (yet...) and I've been functioning like a normal person. However, with the added stress of the Middle East, I feel like I'm going to break very soon if I don't hear from him. Because he can't call/ text/ email me, I have no idea if he's okay, plus I can't talk to him about what I'm dealing with here.

Finally, I miss my hedgehog so so much! The young lady taking care of him is so sweet and so wonderful, I know he's not even going to notice that I'm gone. He'll have a great time for these 2 months, but I won't. I miss cuddling with him, listening to him run on his wheel at night, and having my room smell like poopies all of the time. I miss stepping on his quills that get stuck in my carpet. I miss everything about real life. As incredible as it is to be studying overseas, I miss being home with my friends and family, and I miss speaking English!!!

Shookran ('thank you' in Arabic) for starting this thread, it makes me feel like I have someone to talk to, even if it's just the interwebs
battag21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2013, 01:43 AM   #132 (permalink)

Battag21 I kind of know how you feel with your boyfriend being away. My dad used to be in the navy, and sometimes he'd have to go out to sea for like, months. He doesn't have a cell phone, and it's pretty hard to mail and contact people in the middle of the ocean, so it'd be so hard for us, going like 3 months without knowing any news whatsoever.. Especially when he'd have to go near war-zone countries. It's hard But just keep your head up, I'm positive your boyfriend is doing fine!
Old 07-02-2013, 06:46 PM   #133 (permalink)

To my Mom:

Stopping saying that I worry about my hedgehog too much when you have no idea how well they hide their illnesses. Also stop trying to give me hedgehog care advice when you spend all your time on Facebook while I spend hours a day doing research on HHC.

Old 08-18-2013, 10:19 PM   #134 (permalink)

I did not travel three hours into the wilderness only to be surrounded by smokers. I went camping you get away from people like you. If you are going to destroy the environment, you don't deserve to enjoy it. Period. You chose a "habit" that is so selfish that it harms the health of everyone and everything around you, and I am sick of your disgusting filth. I just wanted ONE DAY without smelling you, so I ventured into nature for the weekend. Lo and behold, my camp site was surrounded by four of you and your foul and repulsive smoke. And in the morning the ground was littered with YOUR toxic waste, but you're too worthless to even pick it up. In the spirit of total honesty, I kind of hope you were attacked by bears on your hike back home.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in