Skeeter is getting a boyfriend - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2016, 09:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Skeeter is getting a boyfriend

Skeeter bird is getting a boyfriend. She is old enough to start dating so we went for an arranged marriage.
Not counting if he is split to anything I will get normals and yellow sided babies. If he is split, then I get normals, cinnamon, yellowsided and pineapple green cheek conures!!!!
To say that I'm excited is an understatement. I will totally try and get pictures in the next couple days.
FinnickHog likes this.
twobytwopets is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2016, 12:09 AM   #2 (permalink)

That's awesome! I'm so excited for her! I love the pineapple green cheeks the most, but they're all super adorable.
twobytwopets likes this.
Old 06-18-2016, 12:24 AM   #3 (permalink)

He is here!!!!! Getting a good look at him, I'm excited. A bone colored beak, but yellowsided should have a black beak. So that says, he's very possibly split!!!! So I can get pineapples!!!!
His name is was switched to Peter, they will be able to say each other's name when trying to say their down. Fingers crossed for a good introduction.

Old 06-18-2016, 12:33 AM   #4 (permalink)

Yay! I hope they like each other.
twobytwopets likes this.
Old 06-18-2016, 12:43 AM   #5 (permalink)

Well Lexi (cockatiel) had been Skeets celly for about 6 months. Skeeter was molting and had all these pin feathers on her head that she wouldn't let me get, so I figured it was worth letting them share a cage. That cage is plenty big enough, it used to house one of my amazons. But here we are, 6 months later and she still has the pin feathers.
FinnickHog likes this.
Old 06-18-2016, 01:09 AM   #6 (permalink)

Well it was worth a shot .
Old 06-22-2016, 07:42 AM   #7 (permalink)

They are yelling at each other and encouraging each other to yell at people at the door.... good sign!!!!
Funny thing about these two, Skeeter loves the banana shaped pieces of her pellets. She insists that once she's eastern them that her food bowl is empty, even though it still has food in it. Peter apparently does not like the banana pieces. He will have a pile of banana "fruity pebbles" in his bowl. It's all the same stuff, just shaped and colored differently. So they shouldn't squabble about their pellets too much.
He is a regular Wolfgang Puck when it comes to making conure soup. She doesn't do that much because I moved her food dish to the floor of the cage.
They did take simultaneous baths yesterday, and both jabbered at the washer and dryer.
I think when it's time, we will have no problem with these two sharing a cage.
FinnickHog likes this.
Old 06-22-2016, 07:54 AM   #8 (permalink)

Woohoo! That's great news!

That's so funny about the banana pieces . Parrots are weird.

Mmm soup! Pepper is still managing to cram pellets up her water bottle straw to make soup. I don't think it's worth the trouble but apparently I'm wrong.

I'm glad all is going well for Skeeter and Peter so far! When do we get pictures?
twobytwopets likes this.
Old 06-22-2016, 08:08 AM   #9 (permalink)

We get pictures as soon as I manage to take them. Kids are out of school so that kills most of my "free" time. Then we just had a major shift. My husband applied for a job last week, interviewed and accpted the job offer on Monday, then yesterday gave his two week notice yesterday. And on a totally selfish note, raspberries are in season. Hmmm. I wonder how many animals I can get to eat them? Who am I kidding I had to promise raspberry-lemon pound cake just to get everyone to stop eating them outside!
Old 06-22-2016, 10:10 AM   #10 (permalink)

Oh yeah, it's summer break isn't it? I've been unemployed for so long I'm completely lost! Congrats to your husband! I hope he likes the new job!

You have raspberries already!? That is completely unfair. The bushes are just barely starting to bloom here. I found some wild chives in bloom along a stretch of old railroad tracks, so that's kind of neat, I guess. Much less enjoyable to eat on the walk home than raspberries, though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in