Hedgehog Central  Hedgehog pet care & owner forum

Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum (https://www.hedgehogcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.hedgehogcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   annoyed (https://www.hedgehogcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10874)

beehivehedgie 07-06-2011 08:55 PM

annoyed

I am annoyed at this ad - because what a rip off it would be for the poor person who tries to save these :(
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad ... d=&search=

DasIgelPoggie 07-06-2011 09:40 PM

Re: annoyed

I WAS JUST ABOUT TO POST ABOUT THIS!!! This is the SAME mama hedgehog that had babies only A MONTH AND A HALF AGO, and the same thing happened- she rejected the babies and killed one. The lady sold the babies to an inexperienced breeder who really meant well, but only one of the four survived. This #!(%!*& lady (her name is Stephanie, in American Fork UT) needs to STOP BREEDING. I wish there was some way her hedgies could be confiscated!!! She's obviously only in it for the money and couldn't care less about the animals themselves. I've offered her several times to feed the babies and give them all back to her when they're old enough, but she just honestly wants the fast cash. I want to throttle the witch.

Alastrina 07-06-2011 10:13 PM

X_X I am NOT happy, that is just plain endangerment and cruelty to the mother and babies... I reported the ad.

beehivehedgie 07-06-2011 10:19 PM

wow nice. I just read your email too. I can't believe that. How has the mother hedgie survived?? What a stupid and selfish person. What is amazing is there is a TON of hedgehogs for sale on KSl right now. It doesn't seem like anyone is buying them at the moment anyway. I can't believe she won't take you up on your offer. I totally back you on posting an ad WHy they shouldn't buy the babies. I was just brainstorming ways I can imply that without her being able to justifiably flagging me which could result in me getting kicked off ksl. I was thinking about something along the lines in the information just suggesting that life expectancy of a hedgehog that is less than 5 weeks old to survive without a mother is slim to none, and anyone expecting to save them for any amount of money will be very sad by the outcome and the selfishness of the individual trying to pawn them off for $100 a pop.

07-06-2011 10:30 PM

I live in VA, but I sent the info to some humane society investigators in Utah, IDK if it will do any good but its clearly obvious she is going to continue to allow this to happen.

She posted another 4 baby litter today 0.o

beehivehedgie 07-06-2011 10:33 PM

yes thanks. I can't believe this person. It is really just terrible for the animals and for the people who love animals. I posted an ad "free information about hedgehogs!" haha. It was bothering me too much.

Hello! I am providing FREE information about hedgehogs, realistic expectations and care, and other important information. Your information will be coming from me, and I will not be trying to sell you anything (let me rephrase that, i'm not selling ANYTHING). I'm very concerned for you, the potential buyer of a hedgehog, and being mislead about how to care for, handle, raise hedgehogs. Especially baby hedgehogs. Please, before you plan on buying a hedgehog do your research. If you want fast & easy information from someone who owns, loves, and understands hedgehogs feel free email me. Email is the way to contact me because I have so much information that writing it out will be best AND it wont uses minutes on my cell phone :) I will get back to you ASAP tonight (7/6) and by tomorrow evening if you write after 11 p.m. (7/7) Seriously, there are some people on here who are really just looking to make money...and I don't want you to have to deal with the heartache because you didn't know the details that some who sells them might leave out. Thanks.

07-06-2011 10:44 PM

Until very recently I worked in retail and assisted police investigations on ORC (Organized Retail Crime) People who go places and steal things to resell at pure profit, between the hedgehogs and the many new looking merchandise she is selling I'd say this person is either a theft who makes their money off others without regard for anyone or just a scam artist. Its just my opinion from personal experience assisting in investigations not fact though :)

LarryT 07-06-2011 11:19 PM

So sad :x

ReginasMommy 07-06-2011 11:26 PM

Ugh, sometimes I can't even fathom what goes through these people's heads. Disgusting. I hope someone can help those poor hedgies :(

07-06-2011 11:50 PM

Since she's not willing to let anyone help without paying its not likely and being hand fed its likely they wouldn't make it this person especially if this is a repeat offense should not be breeding hedgies :(