Does Your Hedgie Anticipate Its Routine? - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By TikkiLink
  • 2 Post By Pandamom
  • 2 Post By Akells23
  • 1 Post By TikkiLink
  • 1 Post By sc2001
  • 1 Post By Antares

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2015, 12:47 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Does Your Hedgie Anticipate Its Routine?

My hedgehog cracks me up these days. She usually beats me to our routine. I often find her laying right in front of the door of her cage when I come to get her for bonding. Then, as usual, I'll sit down in her cage with her, plop her in front of her food bowl, and wait for her to eat. She used to always run and hide after eating, but for the last few months she'll walk over to me and wait to be picked up!

She's a brat and has somehow gotten me to the point where I hold her until she goes potty, catching it in paper towels. I can't get her to move around enough otherwise, and last night she was PURRING while pooping in my arms! Unbelievable! Who has who trained here, I wonder?

Do your hedgies do adorable things in anticipation of their routines?
MomLady and sc2001 like this.
TikkiLink is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2015, 11:39 AM   #2 (permalink)

Yes, our Pippin knows that when he sees his cuddle cup it's his magical journey machine back to his cage. When he's done with his "out" time, he just jumps into the cuddle cup and looks at us like "ahem.....time to go back please." Then he runs into his cage, throug his tube and straight to his food. So cute! Every time, without fail, same routine.
MomLady and TikkiLink like this.
Pandamom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2015, 12:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

Haha that is hilarious!!

I wake Pippy up every night around 9 PM for snuggles and play time. Well, last night I was running behind schedule because I still had to learn the dance routine that I had to teach my kiddos this morning. So, its about 9:45 PM and I am practicing the dance routine and I look over at Pippy's cage to see her sitting in front of the cage door (with fleece strips still all over her from her slumber) just staring at me like "Uhm, hello mom its treats and warm snugs time... pay attention to me!"

She constantly surprises me with how smart she is! I never knew that she knew her routine until last night!
MomLady and TikkiLink like this.

Old 01-15-2015, 04:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

Ah, I forgot too, we started offering my hedgie bottled water out of the cap during bonding time, and I feel really bad if I forget to give her some now because she'll start licking and smacking her lips to let me know she wants it! Last night she was in a blanket and heard the sound of the water bottle being opened and stuck her head up, sniffed, and came over like,"Yes! I know what time it is!" Hedgies are so darn cute. <3
MomLady likes this.
Old 01-15-2015, 05:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

Hahaha that story is adorable!! Sounds like you two are pretty in synch with each other.

My hedgie doesn't really anticipate a routine. The only funny thing I've noticed is when I go to pick her up, she lifts herself up on her toes so I have enough room to get my hand underneath her belly. It's quite adorable.
MomLady likes this.

sc2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2015, 01:19 PM   #6 (permalink)

Aww before my beardie got sick he used to do that when I'd go to pick him up, I love that!
Old 02-20-2015, 12:50 AM   #7 (permalink)

Yeah! I usually start turning in for the night at around 11pm-12am (and Yuki will only come out when it's pitch black in the den, where I keep her enclosure) and I'll sometimes find her just sticking out her head from under her blanket and looking at me like she's asking "when can i come out?? =3", since the opening of her little hut faces me. It's adorable.
MomLady likes this.

Antares is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in