New BABY!!!!!!! - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2014, 12:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default New BABY!!!!!!!

So I have been in contact with an extremely small hobby breeder and waiting for the perfect baby. She had 2 girls already reserved before birth for herself and another tiny breeder she got one of hers from. When the pictures came out of the babies I immediately fell in love with her. She is so beautiful. I was so afraid that she would be the 1st to get picked since she is SOOO pretty... But today she messaged me saying she saved her and told people she was not available because she knew how much I wanted her and through talking frequently saw how well I take care of Olive and decided I would be the best place for her! I am beyond ecstatic about her. I am very happy to be bringing home another member of the family. So I would like some help picking a name. Here are some of the ones I really like... Violet, Willow or Willa, Evie, Lily, and others but I can't think of them right now. Here she is!!!!

AlexLovesOlive is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2014, 01:09 AM   #2 (permalink)

She is absolutely gorgeous! I fell in love with her just looking at these photos! Personally, I like Willow the best. Any name would work for her, though.
Teddi4211 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2014, 01:19 AM   #3 (permalink)

Adorable!! I like Willa or Willow as well. Very cute names.

Old 08-15-2014, 01:27 AM   #4 (permalink)

She's a cutie! Super dark too, love her colouring! I'm getting my baby in the morning, she's an albino I named her holly cause she's red and white like Christmas colors! I was planning on naming her belle but holly fit better. I like evie and lily they're all cute names though have fun with her!!
DesireeM81 likes this.
Charlie's mommy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2014, 01:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Thanks guys, I really wanted a name that started with O or S, but there are few names that are cute that start with O (I wanted a name with O because of Olive, and her daddies name is Onyx!!!) and the names that started with S were very common (I wanted S because her mommies name is Saffron) but I like ALL these names sooo Much!!! Her coloring is VERY dark the breeder said she was black but may lighten to a dark grey or grey. She has like half a badger mask going up her face which I think is the cutest thing ever. I love dark hedgies, I was waiting for the perfect girl... I was looking for a dark colored (chocolate, grey, black), girl (since I have a girl would like to stay with them) and a hedgie from a great tempered mama and daddy. She is a black girl, and the breeder says her mom is the nicest hedgehog she has EVER seen, she says she can't remember her ever even raising her quills and her daddy is extremely sweet and gentle! I was so thrilled when all this came together, especially from a breeder who only has a few litters from her pets and they are very cared for. I couldn't ask for a better situation or from a better breeder. We are guessing she's going to be a pretty small girl (YAYY Ollie is a giant hedgie weighing in at 515 and that's her most ideal weight the vet said! so big she needed a 12' wheel because the others were way too small.) Her dad weighs in the 300 grams and her mom weighs 500 ish normally, right now she is a wopping 600 grams because she's been getting to eat kitten food and is gorging on it so she can make milk for her babies. She turned out to be a fantastic mommy! This is her 1st litter. SOOO EXCITED. I can't even describe how happy I am, I feel like a little kid on christmas morning! I didn't get Olive when she was a baby so I am excited to get to have one! So Charlie's Mommy ( I feel so terrible for forgetting your real name, forgive me!) is the albino the one you posted a picture of a while back that you fell in love with or is this a different pog?

Last edited by AlexLovesOlive; 08-15-2014 at 01:43 AM.
Old 08-15-2014, 01:56 AM   #6 (permalink)

Omg my first baby too!! Lol don't worry I've never said my name on the forum but it's Jessica yes it's the same albino girl, I wasn't planning on getting her because of costs but I was at the breeder picking up a rescue and right before we leave we hear loud crying, breeder ran downstairs and brought her up and said her mom was attacking her, it was all over from there lol so I had to have her Chris said he'd cover costs but literally five mins after leaving I got a job offer, it was kinda creepy lol she reminded me so much of Charlie I almost started crying
Amanda:) and DesireeM81 like this.
Old 08-15-2014, 02:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Awh I am so happy for you!!! I hope they were tears of joy, the universe wanted you and that baby to be together! Why else would all of this happen!!! YAY for 1st babies!! I wanted a baby they are so cute and fuzzy but when I saw that Olive NEEDED me, there was no way I was going to not save her, and it turned out that it would all come together in the end! Who's the new rescue? I haven't been on here at all lately. Is it just a foster or a new family member?
Old 08-15-2014, 02:11 AM   #8 (permalink)

He's a new family member, his owners never handled him so he isn't social at all and he's huuuge, probably the same size as olive, his name is calico we weren't sure if we were gonna change his name but he actually responds to it so were gonna stick with calico. He's a nerd and actually got a quill up his nose cause he wouldn't stop popping at me. However the little dude hasn't learned that I'm more stubborn then he is, I spent like two hours in a staring contest with him lmao. I know what you mean, it's too hard to turn them away.
Old 08-15-2014, 03:02 AM   #9 (permalink)

She's cute!
AlexLovesOlive likes this.

Draenog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2014, 06:54 AM   #10 (permalink)

Just tossing this out. Oriole?
CoffeeKat likes this.
gracefulchaos01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in