Bonding is improving! - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2013, 02:36 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bonding is improving!

It's awesome! I've only had my hedgies for a week and 2 days and they're getting nicer. At first, Potato would huff at me but not a lot. It didn't take much time to bond with him
No name on the other hand is kinda grumpy
It's taking longer with him, but I think he's finally getting a little more used to me. It was easier to take him out today cause he didn't huff at me that much and he didn't poke me this time. He also let me pet him while he was roaming my room without huffing once
That's like a huge step!
Potato just wonders my room when I take him out and likes to hide in my closet or in the corner behind my desk. Also, this is one of the few times that no name also gets to wonder around. He's usually asleep inside one of my shirts when I take them out.
I also bet you're wondering why they're in the box, huh? Potato likes going into my closet and hiding there and no name has also gone in there a few times. I found no name hiding in a shoe box and Potato was no where to be found. I had to take out all my clothes and drawers before he decided to come out... that little sneak
So I put them in the shoe box cause they were looking for a dark place and I could watch them this way.
While in box, Potato decided to pull on my shirt and play with it by pulling it into the air. He also decided to anoint no name which I thought was kinda cool.
That's also no name curled into a ball when I grabbed him to put him back in his home yesterday.
Another thing, I don't think my brother is going to name his hedgehog, so what name do you think would fit him?
Also, what color are they?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1423.JPG (242.0 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1418.JPG (243.8 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1417.JPG (241.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1420.JPG (235.6 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by Alllex; 08-14-2013 at 02:38 AM.
Alllex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2013, 03:05 AM   #2 (permalink)

You could continue the root-vegetable theme? Turnip, Parsnip, Yam...

I think you've said both hedgehogs are male? If so, male hedgehogs have a tendency to be territorial and fight, so you're probably safer giving them separate roaming-playtimes so you don't risk them hurting each other. Hedgehog fights may sound like a strange and silly idea, but they can happen fast, cause a lot of damage, and be difficult to intervene & stop.

If they're one-male, one-female, they can mate in seconds, so again, separated playtimes.

If they're both girls, they still need their separate homes (which I know you have!), but they can have carefully-supervised playtimes together.

Fantastic about the bonding update! My small friend has certainly managed some amazing "How did you hide that fast?!" moments with me during playtime. Little punks!
Annie&Tibbers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2013, 03:17 AM   #3 (permalink)

From what I've noticed, they haven't become territorial and haven't fought. This is one of the few times they actually roam at the same time cause no name is usually asleep in my shirt. And yeah, I keep them in separate homes. They also just fell asleep in the box lol
And yeah, I got scared the first time I lost them in my room. I can't believe they can disappear if you take your eyes off them for like 2 seconds.
Was anointing the other hedgie a territorial sign? And what colors are they?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Last edited by Alllex; 08-14-2013 at 03:20 AM.
Alllex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2013, 11:48 AM   #4 (permalink)

They are both really cute. I love their little faces! I don't know if the annointing was a territorial thing, I never heard about it before. I think that you will have to go and put a picture of the cuties in color help. Have fun with the little guys!

"It is easy to get nose to nose with dogs, but nose to nose with hedgehogs takes a little more trouble. Still, if you take that trouble, you find something extaordinary."

~The Hedgehog's Dilemma

*Owner of my lovely hedgie Snickers*
bugster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in