Poppy's weekly enrichment - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Poppy_the_hedgie

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2017, 01:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Poppy's weekly enrichment

I have found an enrichment routine that works for Poppy. Thought I'd share.

Monday- about a 45 minute cuddle session with her in a blanket pile on my lap. I put kibbles in their so if she decides to wake up she can burrow and search for food.

Tuesday- Poppy goes in her playpen with a few toys put in their like a cat ball, toilet paper tube, and little stuffed animal. She tends to liner dive once she is done playing. This is her signal of "bring me back to bed!" Tuesday play sessions last between 45-75 minutes.

Wednesday- spa day! Poppy gets a foot bath, a few drops of coconut oil rubbed into her skin, and her nails are checked. This is followed by cuddle time with her wrapped in a blanket until she is dry. Wednesday enrichment lasts about an hour.

Thursday- I am most busy on Thursdays so I hold Poppy in her cozy sack on my lap while I do my work at the computer. This lasts about 30 minutes.

Friday- Poppy is placed in her playpen. I usually have her dig box and a big tunnel in there. I hide different treats all over such as mealies, chicken, and strawberry. It quite fun to see how excited she gets when she finds one! (She does not eat the strawberries but loves to anoint with them.) This enrichment session lasts 45 minutes.

Saturday- Saturday is adventure day! I lay several blankets on the floor and all of Poppy's toys, wheel, litter pan, and food. It's up to her what she wants to do! She normally runs a ton then crashes fast asleep in her big tunnel! When it gets warmer I will be moving this fun outside. Saturday play time lasts about an hour and 30 minutes.

Sunday- Sunday is cage cleaning day so Poppy is in her playpen until everything is removed, scrubbed, and wiped down. Then she transfers to her cozy on my lap while her liners are in the wash. If Poppy is gross or due for one, then this is also her full bath day. Sunday's session lasts an hour.

How do you like my schedule? Do you have a set routine your hedgies are on?
Lilysmommy likes this.
Poppy_the_hedgie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2017, 12:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

Funny routine!

My routine is something like:

- Everyday: grab her, feed her some mealies so that she associates me to good things. Let her walk on my lap (or let her walk over the living room's carpet) and when she falls asleep I rub his belly until she turns on her back so that I can reach better, she loves that.

Maybe I should diverse the activities I do with her, she's only 4 months and I'm just trying to make her comfortable while she's with someone.
Aitorman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in