Silly Hedgie! - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2012, 01:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Britfacex
Default Silly Hedgie!

Bright and early this morning, about 6:45, I woke up to a really weird noise in my bedroom. I laid in bed for a few minutes and listened to it, which of course freaks me out. I look on the floor by my bed and I see something running across my floor!!! Of course the first thing I think is running across my floor was a rat. I watched for it again and saw it run again, so I turned the lamp on by my bed. To my surprise, Reggie was running around FREE! No idea how on Earth he managed to escape his cage. He's had the cage since we got him and he's never escaped before. Luckily he was a good trooper and came straight to mommy to go back in his cage He instantly chowed down on some kibble and went right to sleep. He must have worn his little self out running around! I'm still looking around for little hedgehog presents, but haven't found any thankfully.

And since he was such a great trooper and didn't run away from me or anything(didn't even stick his quills up!), I'm going to take him outside today for the first time! It's beautiful today, in the mid-70s, super sunny and we have some nice green grass he'll just love to play in! I'm super excited to take him outside! Made sure my camera battery was charging so I could get some good pictures!

Britfacex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2012, 01:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Default Re: Silly Hedgie!

Glad you didn't have any problems finding him at least! He sounds like a good boy, even if he staged an escape.

Be careful having him out too long - The air temperature should be fine, but often it takes a couple more months before the ground temperature warms up, so that may still be too cold for him.

RIP my sweet Lily ~ 6/12/08 - 1/20/12
Lilysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2012, 01:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Britfacex
Default Re: Silly Hedgie!

He scared me to death this morning lol. one of my fears is finding a mouse or a rat in the house. I wouldn't be able to handle it He's usually a lil crab, but he's such a cute lil grump. I think it was because he was wide awake and he wanted back in his cage. He just looked super happy to see me when I picked him up.

Yea, I was worried it might be a lil cold still too, but for a few short minutes i think it'll be fun. I've been waiting as patiently as possible for winter to be over so he can enjoy some nice weather.

Britfacex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in