Taco's story - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tacothehedgehog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2016, 10:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Taco's story

Hi guys! I'm new here and this is my first post. HHC has helped me a lot the past few weeks after I adopted my baby Taco. I was initially going to find a breeder but I randomly came across a craigslist ad and fell in love with him. I am very sceptical about Craigslist but I had to at least meet this little guy. When I saw what horrible conditions he was kept in (the guy just wanted to get rid of him because the hedgehog wasn't "nice" to him) I almost cried. He was kept in a tiny little shoe box that the owner never cleaned, no wheel, dirty water and very very old and bad cat food. I was so angry at the owner and I had to take little Taco home. I was prepared to spend thousands on vet bills work and months and maybe years with Taco to get him used to me and trust me (he is about 13 weeks now) but quickly found out he is the absolute sweetest and most adorable little guy. He was (against all odds) also healthy! The first few days he was really scared of being handled and would hide and huff every time I came near to him. But he quickly got used to me and now absolutely adores cuddles and exploring. I also spoil him a lot. He now lives in a very big bin cage (4 giant sterilite bins connected by pvc pipes) and has all day and all night access to my room so he can not only explore in his home but also all around my room (just the room, not my apartment and my room is also absolutely hedgehog proofed ) he loves running on his CSW and I am proud to say he is absolutely 100% litter trained. Long story short I am so blessed to have this little guy in my life now and just wanted to share his story with you guys!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1263_1477357630759.jpg (84.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1444_1477357665313.jpg (127.0 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1563_1477357790845.JPG (257.3 KB, 45 views)
Prue likes this.
Tacothehedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2016, 02:06 AM   #2 (permalink)

Thank you for rescuing him, you have a good heart! He's too adorable!! Congrats on your new snuggle hog 😃

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in