Whats your favorite thing about owning a Hedgehog? - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2016, 02:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to Spikeball
Smile Whats your favorite thing about owning a Hedgehog?

For me, It's great to have such an exotic small animal. They are like miniature Porcupines and can roll up into a ball like Armadillos. They are so soft and cute looking but have such a menacing defense too. Spike is cool man, plain and simple.
Spikeball is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2016, 03:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

Hmmm... Probably when Prue comes out to greet me when I walk by her cage. It proves that all of the hours bonding have made her trust me, and I love that feeling.
Spikeball likes this.

Prudence's Proud Mum Since February 2016

I share my home with one, big, slobbery dog, a ragdoll, a blind domestic shorthair, a slinky tabby, one crowntail betta, a double tail halfmoon betta, and our latest quilled addition... Prudence!
Prue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2016, 03:18 PM   #3 (permalink)

I agree with its pretty sweet having an exotic animal. When I tell people I have a hedgehog their response is always "oh wow that's awesome!". Another thing is I have a buddy at night haha I'm a night owl my dog and everyone else is asleep when I'm still awake, but not pickles! He's the one I can hang out with late at night
Spikeball and Cranky_Turtle like this.
SarahBella97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2016, 03:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prue View Post
Hmmm... Probably when Prue comes out to greet me when I walk by her cage. It proves that all of the hours bonding have made her trust me, and I love that feeling.
Aw, that is nice
Old 06-20-2016, 03:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahBella97 View Post
I agree with its pretty sweet having an exotic animal. When I tell people I have a hedgehog their response is always "oh wow that's awesome!". Another thing is I have a buddy at night haha I'm a night owl my dog and everyone else is asleep when I'm still awake, but not pickles! He's the one I can hang out with late at night
Yea my friend is like, why did you get a Hedgehog? XD

And agreed. I stay up late too so its nice hes nocturnal haha
Old 06-20-2016, 05:15 PM   #6 (permalink)

My favorite part of owning Stella is how cute, cuddly and good tempered she is! I especially love her nose when she sniffs stuff the way it moves!
Old 06-20-2016, 06:24 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HermitHog View Post
My favorite part of owning Stella is how cute, cuddly and good tempered she is! I especially love her nose when she sniffs stuff the way it moves!
Yea that nose movement is pretty funny lol
Old 06-20-2016, 06:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Moderator

I'm lazy...and my hedgehogs are lazy. Both my girls are sleepy cuddlers & perfectly content to curl up on me for a nap during bonding time. Exactly my kind of animal - I can bond with them while watching a tv show, reading, etc. And since they're both female & like to sleep on me, I can have them out together for cuddles, which is convenient when I'm low on energy or time. Their schedule also works well with mine - I'm gone all day while they're sleeping & can change their food, clean whatever needs cleaning, and do handling in the evening when I get home, then they do their thing when I head to sleep.

RIP my sweet Lily ~ 6/12/08 - 1/20/12
Lilysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2016, 06:37 PM   #9 (permalink)

Yea that does sound nice, I had Spike with the end of my shirt over him and he hung out there for a bit while I played some video games lol
Old 08-11-2016, 12:59 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahBella97 View Post
Riiiight! Their reactions & responses always make me feel prouder. Especially when I take her into Petco, Lowe's, & fabric stores with me and they get to see her. It's amazing.

One of my fave things about having Soda Pop is that she's unpredictable and very entertaining. One hour she'll walk into my hand from her cage, the next she doesn't care if she's with me or not. Her personality is bigger than she is. She really likes to play tug of war with my messenger bag straps & nothing moves except for her body hahaha
Cranky_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in