Stella saved my life - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2016, 01:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

Smile Stella saved my life

I cant get enough hedgehogs! All I do is search pictures, videos and stories about hedgehogs any chance I get. I am all over this forum reading new posts and creeping the pictures and all I can think about during the day is my baby waiting for me at home and how much she has been renewing my feeling of purpose in life! I feel I'm starting to drive people crazy, but I honestly feel my Stella is helping me with my mental health. A year and a half ago i was diagnosed with disthymia disorder (a serious chronic depression) and just before i adooted stella i was very close to ending my life. As many people know with any kind of mental illness its a on going struggle not only with the feelings of hopelessness and motivation but the process of finding effective treatment. Be it medication, what kinds work and what dosages you require or therapy or even a combination. Its constant maintenance and work. For me it was antidepressants but i was sick and tired of the trial and error it took and was done. Until I got Stellaa! I feel like she has given me a purpose, i cant wait to get home and send time with her. Shes like a therapy dog that fits in your hands. I cant put to full words how important she is to me but im sure most of you understand what im trying to say. Shes just amazing lot of people think that "rodents", which they arent, cant respond or bond with you like dogs and cats can. I think we here can all agree that those people are 100% wrong. Hedgehogs have saved me and im so happy i have discovered these amazing creatures. Anyways thanks for letting me share id love to hear some of your stories too!
CrysAnner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2016, 01:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

That is good to hear! Stella is the name of my hedgie too!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in