Someone is mad at me... - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Artemis-Ichiro

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2016, 02:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Someone is mad at me...

So today I took Ichiro to his first vet appointment... He did not like it!

He was fine happy walking around but when the vet scruffedd him to check his teeth and listening to his heart, that's when it went downhill... He never balls around me but boy was he fast... She could only check his teeth and he managed to ball up and it was a very tight ball.

I asked her for a bowl and I put him in some water and he unbaked a little but when I tried to grab him he balled up again, he did not care he was in water... He finally came out of the ball and I picked him up to dry him and she was able to finish the exam.

When we got home he wanted no part of me. Tonight I'll give him some mealies as a peace offer.

About the vet... The jury is still out, she seems to know about hedgies, she has only seen 4 toed hedgies and never one with a mask; Ichiro is Algerian.
She suggested gas if he didn't come out of the ball and didn't know about the water trick.

She suggested adding some hedgehog food to his diet because it has insects, I told her I give him bugs and his cat food but she was very into the hedgie food, I left before she could give me the name and also suggested some green cat treat from time to time to clean his teeth.

I hope I am lucky enough for him to be healthy and never needing a vet but let's wait and see...
Lilysmommy and fishhead like this.
Artemis-Ichiro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in