Bandit the Hedgie - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By WinterGalaxy
  • 1 Post By AnnaLK

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2015, 04:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bandit the Hedgie

Hello everyone!
I'd like to introduce Bandit, my new hedgehog. He's my first hedgehog, and I'm absolutely stoked to finally have one to care for and love.
As of now, he's six weeks old and was born on July 3rd. We took him home only a few days ago, on August 15th.
The breeder was fairly close to us, only 45 minutes away. Well, it's pretty close compared to how far I've seen some people go. She had three hoglets available for me to choose from, and even though I prefer much darker hedgehogs, I was still drawn towards the little hoglet who is now Bandit - the lightest pinto of the bunch. The breeder stated he was incredibly laid back and friendly for a hedgehog, and I absolutely loved him. She also said he's going to be pretty big when he grows up, too. He came with a huge bag of food, a small igloo, water and food bowls, and a free vet visit within the next month - which made up for the fact I paid $350 for the little guy.
He is, like the breeder said, incredibly laid back for the amount of time I've had him. And no signs of stress so far at all, too. He's only balled up twice in the three days he's been here, and only huffs a little bit when I pick him up for the first time since he's woken up. After that, he sniffs around and explores a bit, and falls asleep in my arms if I let him. I feel incredibly blessed with him given that he's also around the prime time for quilling - he's lost a couple - but is still such a sweetheart.
Unfortunately, that big bag of food happened to be a Purina brand - the first ingredients being corn, by-products, and more corn. But I'm working on switching him to another brand. I introduced the food to him yesterday during bonding time, just a few pellets, and he gobbled it up immediately. Which was a huge relief to me. Turns out he isn't too interested in apples, though.
I just wanted to introduce him to you guys since I'm so excited to have him. I'll post updates every now and then if anything big happens if that's not considered spamming . Here are some pictures:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1611 3.jpg (96.3 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1617 4.jpg (184.8 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1618 3.jpg (239.7 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1634 3.jpg (107.0 KB, 19 views)
Lilysmommy, ENF686 and fishhead like this.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams

Last edited by WinterGalaxy; 08-17-2015 at 04:59 PM.
WinterGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2015, 01:30 AM   #2 (permalink)

He's such a handsome boy! Congratulations on getting him!
WinterGalaxy likes this.

AnnaLK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in