Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum - View Single Post - Hedgehog Died, Want Another
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 01:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
abbys

Default Re: Hedgehog Died, Want Another

Have you read LizardGirl's book? You can download it free here: http://www.westcoasthedgehogs.com/files ... index.html

Hedgehogs can be very high maintanence so you should think carefully about whether you want that much responsibility. They need proper heating, between 74-76 degrees, and ideally they should have cuddle time every day. It's a good way for you to observe their behavior so you will notice if they're sick.

If you do get another one, definitely use a breeder. Where are you from? I think there's a list of good breeders on this website listed by state.

Other than that, just give yourself a little more time to heal. I know it's painful not to be able to cuddle with him anymore, but you need to take care of yourself and make sure you're healed, so that any future hedgehog you get has your full attention. As for missing his little noises, I started sleeping with the fan on for background noise when I get anxious so I don't have to listen to the total quiet. Maybe try that, or a white noise machine? It really does help, I promise.