Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum - View Single Post - Kind of a Rant
Thread: Kind of a Rant
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 07:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
amylynnbales

Send a message via Yahoo to amylynnbales
Post Kind of a Rant

I was on eBay looking for a Carolina Storm Wheel for a good price, and I stumbled across this (I think I attached this right):

[attachment=0:2gmdn2dq]Screen Shot 2013-02-08 at 4.47.11 PM.png[/attachment:2gmdn2dq]

Naturally, this made me a bit frustrated. So I logged in and messaged the seller, just being polite but telling him that it wasn't good for hedgehogs to use that type of wheel, yet it's one of the first things that comes up when you type in "hedgehog wheel". I wouldn't want any hedgehog getting hurt or anything because they didn't know.
I sent the message and a while later got an email back, with just three words.

"it is fine."

..um, what? Excuse me, but no, it isn't. People who just want to make a quick buck off animals make me so bad. I gave him a link to the site (I like to try to spread the word to anyone involved in hedgehogs) but it just makes me so mad.

Some people. And to think, there are more on there. There are a few cages that are advertised as hedgehog cages that have small mesh wheels and open lofts and bridges. *sigh* I wish they at least included a disclaimer or something saying it's actually not the best for hedgehogs. But no, it's all about making money.

I could go on and on.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2013-02-08 at 4.47.11 PM.png (99.7 KB, 61 views)

amylynnbales is offline   Reply With Quote