Day four ... - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2010, 09:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Day four ...

Yikes! Just realized I was posting my mini-hedgie blogs in the wrong area. SO SORRY!

I think today was another great success in the life of Priscilla. We have figured out that if we turn her light out around 6ish and come in to the room around 7 talking, she wakes up a much happier hedgie. My daughter cleans up her area, sets up her playpen while I move the lamp and take out her food bowls. This causes just enough disturbance that she starts huffing like a steam iron which totally cracks me up. (Is that bad? She's so little and trying so hard to be scary! I teach middle school. There is no hedgie alive that can compete with a hormonal 7th grader.)

Anyways... Today I took her out of her home and put her in my daughter's lap to nap while I changed her liners. We counted her kibble, changed her water and she snored happily.

When we put her back into her home about 40 minutes later, she went to her food bowl instead of her tunnel for the first time and watched us while she ate. That was so bizarre but in a good way. It was almost as if she was doing us a favor. She then went to her wheel, climbed in, took a few laps, pooped four times (gee! just cleaned that!) and fell asleep in the wheel.

We are so hoping (without getting our hopes up!) that she will be a hedgie that will be active with the lights on. I know we are pushing our luck, but even if she does us this honor occasionally, we would be thrilled.

My daughter did her homework in her room with Priss and never once did she huff, hide or grumble. She hung out, walked around, crunched, napped, pooped...

Good times!

Priscilla AKA "Hissy Pants"
abrowndog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2010, 10:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
PJM
Rescue

Default Re: Day four ...

Lifes little triumphs! It only gets better.

PJM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2010, 11:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrowndog
My daughter cleans up her area, sets up her playpen while I move the lamp and take out her food bowls. This causes just enough disturbance that she starts huffing like a steam iron which totally cracks me up. (Is that bad? She's so little and trying so hard to be scary!
Wait until you see her growling! My Col. Mustard has done it only once when I interrupted her wheeling, and it made me laugh so hard! That tiny cute creature trying to act scary, give me a break!

Prissy is a cutie! Congratulations!

Old 12-01-2010, 12:33 AM   #4 (permalink)

She's a gorgeous hedgie and glad to hear its all working out great

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in