Bonding of hedgehog? - Page 2 - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2012, 03:04 AM   #11 (permalink)

Default Re: Bonding of hedgehog?

My Hedgie hates his head being touched and face but I can touch his ears if I stick my hand out for a few seconds and then when I feel he has got a wiff of my smell he lets me pet the ssides of him and his ears and back he doesn't like being on he back and if he get agrovated he get a little mouthy and let me know his agrovated by huffing and popping. He not to fond of me trimming his front paws but I manage by have him in a blanket and sliding the clippers under his nails but yea every one is different and just have bundries that should not be crossed hehe
danilious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2013, 01:11 PM   #12 (permalink)

I've had Princess Peaches for a little over a week and she's a little over two months old. She is albino :P . she sleeps on my shoulders and will sleep in my lap if I have her towel. She's always more cuddly after baths but I don't think she is a cuddler because she likes to run to find places to hide, rather than stay with me.
I can pet her ears and her nose and under her chin most of the time. I can pet the skirt of her quills and sometimes I can pet her belly but after a few minutes she's rolls back over.
It takes about five minutes for her to wake up and stop puffing at me haha.
I hold her about 4 hours every day but I'm afraid she isn't bonding because she won't stay with me. But I notice she's more comfy with me than anyone else. I change out shirts for her to sleep in so she knows me.
She won't eat meal worms or other treats only strawberries sometimes. I wanna know if there is anything else I should do I've never owned a hedgehog.
definitelydeven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2013, 10:39 PM   #13 (permalink)

I've had Mz. Pawley Pawket for 2 weeks now. She is just 7 weeks old (as of Sunday) and she lets me pick her up, pet her ears, rub her belly, chin and her quills. She is currently quilling and if I pet her hard (not soft like you would a cat or dog but with more pressure) she is perfectly fine and seems to enjoy it. I don't do it over and over because she is quilling and I do not want to cause her any discomfort but while she is young and getting use to me I am trying to handle her in as many different ways as possible.
wyldfaux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in