He likes me! He really likes me! :) - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Shaddybear

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2014, 09:53 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default He likes me! He really likes me! :)

I've had Razor about 6-7 weeks, n I've been handling him every day, n dealing wit grumpy face after his foot bath every nite, n he really is getting better with being handled! He rarely balls up anymore, but he does hate the act of being picked up ( which I know some hogs will never be ok with) n he gets frantic until I put him against me.. He's been falling asleep on me for a couple weeks now but it's always either on my stomach with his face under my arm, or he crawls up higher to shove his face in my armpit (which never last long cuz I'm soooo tickleish lol)
But yesterday he fell asleep in my hands!!!! He was just too cute! My 7 year old son took this pic n of course he couldn't be quiet so that's why Razor is awake but he quickly fell back to sleep
So to all the new hedgie owners-- it is possible!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (290.6 KB, 58 views)
Charlie's mommy likes this.
Shaddybear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2014, 01:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

How cute! From what I've experienced in my few weeks of hedgehog ownership it's really exciting to see that trust growing

how much hedge would a hedgehog hog if a hedgehog could hog hedge?
*hogwild* is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2014, 01:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

It's really is amazing to see them start to trust u! When I give my little guy a bath he comes right to the side of the tub that I'm on and tries to climb up the wall to get to me and if I put my hand in, he quickly climbs on! It's the only time HE chooses to be picked up lol but it's nice to know that I'm the lesser of the 2 evils lol (he HATES taking a bath! Even foot baths make him give me the 'grumpy face' for a while after)
He will now also take food from hand, and when I hold him on his back n he curls up into a ball he will let me rub his ears and pet the sides of his face!!! He has come around SO much in the 2 months I've had him n Im so excited to see him progress even more!!

Btw, *hogwild*, ur hedgie is absolutely adorable!! I jus love the split face, and that little white streak of quills right in front!!!

Last edited by Shaddybear; 06-06-2014 at 01:34 PM.
Shaddybear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2014, 11:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

Oh wow, I wish I could pet Banjo's face but he hates when anyone touches his head! Maybe one day he'll let me. I love his white streak too! The funny thing about his split face is that he matches my border collie because she has a black patch across the right side of her face too. I didn't even make the connection until I'd had him for like a week, lol.

how much hedge would a hedgehog hog if a hedgehog could hog hedge?
*hogwild* is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in