Hedgehog Central  Hedgehog pet care & owner forum

Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum (https://www.hedgehogcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Hedgehog Personality and Behaviour (https://www.hedgehogcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What does your hedgie do when out of the cage? (https://www.hedgehogcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=564)

bamafan2112 11-17-2008 11:06 PM

What does your hedgie do when out of the cage?

For Biscuit, he eats a couple of meal worms, crawls on me for a little while (sometimes even getting on my shoulder and sniffing behind my ear and chewing my hair :lol: ), and then crawls into my pajamas and sleeps for awhile. He hisses a little bit if I move, but he loves it in there for whatever reason!

zoologist 11-17-2008 11:12 PM

Re: What does your hedgie do when out of the cage?

Cloud poops and then attempts to take a suicide leap off the bed. Then he poops some more, and usually crawls under my pillow and goes back to sleep :) adventurous little bugger.

LizardGirl 11-17-2008 11:13 PM

Inky, when out-of-cage, tries to get back into-cage. :lol: Other than that, he runs around and tries to burrow underneath me. :roll:

2SloSHOs 11-17-2008 11:13 PM

My Sonic try's real hard to cover as much ground as he can LOL He also thinks whenever i place him on the bed to watch some tv with me is the perfect time to take a poop...Never fails 8-)

bamafan2112 11-17-2008 11:19 PM

Biscuit has pooped on me a grand total of once since I've gotten him, and has only peed on me a few times.

I wonder how many people can honestly say that a hedgehog peed in their pants :oops:

jayberrylee 11-18-2008 07:54 PM

I just got my Hedgie so first he hisses and curls in a ball, but after a few seconds he starts un curling and walking around, he seems to like exploring, he also trys to squeeze himself through my arm and i think he trys to go back to bed. Hes a very out going hedgie. :)

Runefaust 11-26-2008 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bamafan2112
Biscuit has pooped on me a grand total of once since I've gotten him, and has only peed on me a few times.

I wonder how many people can honestly say that a hedgehog peed in their pants :oops:

Maiche pees on my pants at least twice a week

Linda_OwnerofXena 11-26-2008 08:38 AM

My hedgie seems to poop and pee only outside and on her wheel so even though I had her out for about 90 minutes yesterday, she did not poo and pee once and so far she never has. She usually sits still, head down, hiding from the light; gets her mealie; crawls over my lap and rolls up and hisses when touched or moved..

Tristen 12-01-2008 12:32 AM

Pokey always wonders around, I guess hes trying to figure out whats going on, then he walks right up to my face stares for a brief period and procedes running past me to get to my pillow (I usually lay on my bed when I get him out) and after a few more failed attempts for my pillow he crawls down the neck of my shirt and goes to sleep all sprawled out on my belly.(I love it when he does this, hes so warm and soft)

The funny thing is that he occasionally notices my TV and will just stare at it until I bother him :-)

smhufflepuff 12-01-2008 12:09 PM

Aside from some pooping and collecting treats like mealies and veggies, Satin is an avowed snuggler. After snuggling on hedgiedaddy or me for awhile, she'll decide that she'd like to go back in her house and starts off in it's direction... on her own! Which requires a quick human intervention to keep her from harm's way and bring her back to her kibbles. Yum!