Hedgehog Central banner

Sleeping in food bowl now! Arggghh!

6K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  liv3 
#1 ·
I just wrote yesterday that Stella sleeps in her wheel. Well I went on errands today and came home and found her fast asleep in her food bowl. Now my question is, do hedgies get up during the day to choose another sleep spot? I'm clueless!

#2 ·
It's another one of those "it depends on the hedgehog" things. Some will get up in the middle of the day for a quick snack while others will sleep the entire day. If she's still very young it could be that she got really hungry then very tired. She needs the food to keep growing and they'll spend 18 - 22 hours each day sleeping. Solution = sleep where you are! :lol:

#9 ·
Omg.. Same scenario as my hedgie too.. He keeps on sleeping in his food bowl.. Except that I use a food dish instead of a bowl.. Started this odd behavior recently too.. Even if he does sleep in his igloo, he kicks away his towel and sleeps on the surface of the container.. Spotted him today in his food dish, in his sleeping position, and eating at the same time :lol:

#12 ·
Omg.. Same scenario as my hedgie too.. He keeps on sleeping in his food bowl.. Except that I use a food dish instead of a bowl.. Started this odd behavior recently too.. Even if he does sleep in his igloo, he kicks away his towel and sleeps on the surface of the container.. Spotted him today in his food dish, in his sleeping position, and eating at the same time :lol:
My hedgehog just recently started sleeping in it’s good bowl even when it’s not eating i tried moving her to her hut but for some reason that’s the only place she wants to sleep

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.