big change in behavior? - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2012, 06:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default big change in behavior?

I'm a little bit worried about my hedgehog. I have had him for a month now and from day one he was always friendly. He let me hold him and let others hold him and he would eat out of my hand. He would wake up around 7 p.m. to eat and loved being cuddled in a blanket. For the past 2 nights he hasn't been waking up until 1 a.m. or later and huffs like crazy. Up until 2 days ago he never huffed at me. I know almost very hedgehog huffs but I found it weird that he is just starting this now. I cant go anywhere near him without him jumping around and huffing. He also wont eat out of my hand now? I take him out to play for at least 30 minutes each day but it is usually longer. He is finished quilling and he is now 11 weeks old. Is there anything I can do to help stop the huffing? Why might he be doing this now and not before? Thanks everyone for your help I really appreciate it
jellybean18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2012, 06:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Default Re: big change in behavior?

He's probably starting quilling again...They go through one around 12 weeks as well. Just keep on keeping on...Handle him each night like you're doing, and be patient.

RIP my sweet Lily ~ 6/12/08 - 1/20/12
Lilysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2012, 06:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

It makes sense, I didn't know they quill again at 12 weeks. I'm thinking there's a possibility that's not it though because the last time he was quilling he was so sweet and nice. Thank you for your reply I'll look for quills in his cage now and check his back
jellybean18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 11:55 AM   #4 (permalink)

My hedgehog's about a year old, and she's been really friendly to people she knows since I got her. Recently though, probably been a month now, she's suddenly all jump and spikey when approached by anyone. It's quite frustrating cus she used to be really playful with people. I don't see any quills in her cage, she still runs on her wheel like she used to, and her appetite hasn't changed much, although she's been eating a bit less than before. What could have triggered this change in behavior? Could it be the warm weather?
coreeenie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in