relocating and quilling - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2016, 05:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default relocating and quilling

I just read the post from gsmom. I guess I just need verification that what's happening with Josephine is normal. I packed her and the cats in the car and moved 8 1/2 hours north west from where we were. Jose had the front seat and I kept her warm with insulating her house with a blanket and a hot water bottle (tepid). She's 8 months old and is really quilling. One of the cats is having a hard time adjusting. We've been here almost a month and I hoping that that is all with Josephine. The air is drier here and it's still freezing. She's eating ok and is running in her wheel most night not 2 nights ago though. She's losing about 20 or 25 a night. I just want to make sure this is normal (with the move and what.
Don't know whether I should start a new thread or not so.........This is the second time I've had a cat not adjust well. I was thinking about going to the vet and getting feliway. It's a bottle with pherimones (spelling ?) It plugs into the wall like those febreeze thingies. However I want to make sure that will not hurt her.
tictoc1957 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2016, 06:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Is she growing quills back in? Are you seeing any scratching or does her skin look unusual at all? If she's growing quills in & not getting any bare spots & everything else seems normal, I wouldn't worry too much right now. 8 months is kind of an odd time for a quilling though, so I would still keep an eye on her. Make sure her temperature is staying relatively steady & is what she's used to, despite the colder weather. If you think the lower humidity is affecting her, you could set up a humidifier in her room.

I've always heard good things about Feliway, and the wildlife rehabber I used to work with used it for her cats with good results. Sounds like it'd be worth a try for your kitty!

RIP my sweet Lily ~ 6/12/08 - 1/20/12
Lilysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2016, 07:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

I'll check bald spots when I get her up tonight Thanks

Old 03-23-2016, 10:03 PM   #4 (permalink)

the feliway...I'm not worried about the effects on the cats it's Josephine. Will it hurt her

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in