Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum - View Single Post - Hi, I'm thinking about getting a hedgie
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 12:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
LizardGirl

Default Re: Hi, I'm thinking about getting a hedgie

Welcome to HHC! moxie already has you off to a good start with care info and links.

I'm in Corvallis, and we have pretty much the same weather as you do. In the summer, our hedgehog room is usually just kept closed during the day and it never gets above 80, 85 during the worst hot days thankfully, though we do have an air conditioner (one that goes in the window) to cool the room down if necessary. For heat, if you went with a CHE setup I typically estimate the cost to set one up from items you buy from pet stores to be around $100-120, though we sell a heat setup kit for $70 that's a bit cheaper than buying from pet stores. A CHE setup is a bit more expensive to start, but uses a lot less energy once set up and is a pretty good option if your family might not want you heating a whole room (expensive!) for your hedgie.

LizardGirl is offline   Reply With Quote