Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum - View Single Post - Making Liners?
Thread: Making Liners?
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 10:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
SpikeMoose

Default Making Liners?

My baby Milton has been amazing. We have developed a routine of cleaning and bonding that seems to work really well for his (and my) sleep schedule. He mostly uses the litter box to poo but seems to pee right by his food and water, on the fleece. He also likes to drink with his feet IN the dish with him. He's a strange little dude

My question is this: has anyone made a small piece of fabric that keeps urine and water from seeping through to the liner? My thought is to make a bunch that I can switch out every day, and stick to spot cleaning and only changing the full liner every few days. I am thinking fleece with a waterproof something on the bottom. Has anyone seen this done? Does anyone make these? I am NOT sewing savvy, and after making some stuff before he came I realized it was better for both of us if I buy things for him - already made.

Moving his food and water into the litter would take up the whole thing and he seems to like having his bed next to food so he can run in and out.

If you don't feel like reading all that I don't blame you, sorry! Please enjoy a picture of sleepy Milton!

-Anatole France
SpikeMoose is offline   Reply With Quote