Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum - View Single Post - not wanting to eat kibble
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 11:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lilysmommy
Super Moderator

Default Re: not wanting to eat kibble

It could be just the fresher foods versus the kibble. To test out softer versus harder, I would try offering her a dish of kibble that's been soaked in water to be mushy. Make sure there's a dish of normal dry kibble in too, and that you know how much of each. Then check in the morning and see which she preferred. If she eats the mushy, you might want to do a vet visit to be absolutely certain there's no mouth issues unless she's good about letting you get a really good look inside it.

What kind of kibble is she on? It could be either too hard for her, too big, it might be stale (if you've had it awhile), or she might just not like the flavor. How long have you been feeding her the kibble? Is the change in food preference a recent thing or something that's been going on awhile? If it's a sudden recent change, I would lean more towards mouth problems or stale kibble. Otherwise it might be not liking her kibble or something like that, so you could try a change of kibble.

RIP my sweet Lily ~ 6/12/08 - 1/20/12
Lilysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote