Kijiji hedgehog-Ottawa Ontario - Hedgehog Central – Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Dumble
  • 1 Post By Dumble
  • 1 Post By Leeloosmommy

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2016, 01:37 AM   #1 (permalink)

Exclamation Kijiji hedgehog-Ottawa Ontario

I noticed this ad on Kijiji today. If you look at the photo provided the cage looks absolutely filthy. The carefresh on the bottom of the cage looks soaked in urine and feces. If theres anyone in the area or surrounding area looking for a hedgehog this one looks like she needs help I unfortunately can't take her at the moment as I have only had Dumbles a few weeks and I don't think it would be fair to him to share my time at the moment. concerned about this hedgies conditions maybe someone around here can take her?

Dumble is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2016, 01:38 AM   #2 (permalink)

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-pets/ot...ationFlag=true

Old 03-17-2016, 06:43 AM   #3 (permalink)

I am from Montreal. I know a girl from Quebec who takes them, and rehome them. She takes really good care of them, that is where I took my rescue Vanille. But she does not pay for them as she often need to take them to the vet etc... If she is willing to give her hedgehog for her good care, she can understand it is for her well beeing, not for money, and you can do half way with me, maybe we can do this this week end... Poor little girl, she look all scared...
Leeloosmommy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2016, 11:39 AM   #4 (permalink)

I have left her contact information for the IHA and the HWS relinquishment link. I have offered to facilitate the transportation within reason to an approved rescue center or to either one of us if the seller is willing to forgo the fee. All we can do is hope he or she makes the right choice for their hedgehog.
I usually don't like to get involved in the whole kijiji ad thing because I feel it is a slippery slope(there are so many animals in need can't possibly save them all) but this one really bothered me.

Old 03-17-2016, 12:12 PM   #5 (permalink)

What makes me angry is that they think about their pocket before the life of their hedgehog. It is so sad for them, they did not asked for it, but as you said, we cannot save them all. This is why i do not go to petshops anymore, everytime it breaks my heart...
Old 03-17-2016, 12:19 PM   #6 (permalink)

I know it is sad. I mean what's 200$ compared to a life...well the person has all the info they need to make the best choice. Hopefully the lil one doesn't get sold only to be passed around again later I'll let you know if I hear back from them at all and maybe we can help this one out. Until then it will be extra cuddles for my baby tonight!
Leeloosmommy likes this.

Old 03-19-2016, 12:50 PM   #7 (permalink)

The above ad has been removed so hopefully this little sweetie is either in rescue or has been purchased by a caring owner
Leeloosmommy likes this.

Old 03-19-2016, 05:31 PM   #8 (permalink)

Thank you for the update! I hope she is now - or will be soon - in a loving family that will keep her forever and take good care of her
Dumble likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central – Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in