Well, I made a few renovations to Pepper's cage tonight. All of your ideas were great, but I decided to use a new technique/style (and a very time-consuming one, but I made a spur-of-the-moment decision and once I started I couldn't just stop
). I poked holes in the liner for every other square in the sides of the cage, then used twistie-ties to tie the liner to the cage. Yes, it took a long time and it will probably be a hassle to take off, but I'm the kind of person that doesn't think about things before I do them
I also put a large bowl cover with paper towel on it underneath the wheel, and also put small butter bowl covers under both the food and water bowls, so hopefully that will cut down on how fast his cage gets dirty
If anyone wants to see some pictures of it, I'd be happy to take some!