Originally Posted by moxieberry
What kind of detergent do you use? If it's anything scented, he could have an allergy to that. If that isn't it, and you can't think of anything else that might be causing skin irritation, I'd say get him treated for mites. Even if that's not what's going on, it won't hurt him to do it and it's pretty cheap. Chewing on his foot definitely suggests it's itchy enough to be bothering him. Mites don't really cause any difference in behavior besides itching, or chewing on spots they can reach with their mouths. But, that would also be true for an allergy to something environmental.
Thanks! What can I do to get him treated?