Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum - View Single Post - Siblings and size difference
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 07:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
dreamspirit

Default Siblings and size difference

Hello, I have two female hedgehogs that are 9 weeks old. I got the first one at 5 weeks of age from a breeder, which is the bigger girl and then we decided to get another girl so we found one and come to find out they are siblings. When we went to the breeder they had two left, the bigger girl that is pictured and then they had the albino girl.
We took the Pinto girl well I found a ad in our area that someone had a albino for sale and we got to talking and she got her from the same breeder so they are siblings.... anyway, I have noticed that the albino is quite a bit smaller than the other girl and only weighs 2 oz @ 9 weeks of age.
They have separate cages and I watch the albino girl eat but she don't seem to be getting any bigger and not gaining weight. She drinks water and runs on her wheel fine. Any ideas why she wouldn't get any bigger and or gain weight?
I guess she could be the runt of the litter but still I would think she would be getting bigger..
I'm really clueless on what to think or do...
Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hedgehogs2_0025.jpg (238.5 KB, 25 views)
dreamspirit is offline   Reply With Quote