Originally Posted by bmaditz
Originally Posted by HedgieGirl519
I use this for mealworms: http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog/rep ... flat-home/
And this for crickets: http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog/rep ... er-keeper/
You can get smaller ones though. I choose the biggest ones because that's the size I personally needed.
For the two levels, make sure the second level and ramp is completely, 100% enclosed. Hedgehog have poor eye sight and easily walk over the edge, which can cause internal bleeding.
If you can, I'd switch to liners for both the top and bottom. There is no need for the CareFresh
I'll be sure to check out those links
I have the carefresh so he can dig around
I heard they LOVE to dig
It is true that they love to dig. But CareFresh has risks.
- can cause respiratory infection
- can cause impaction
- the green hides any off coloured urine or feces
- dries out feces making it difficult to find and tell if hedgie's poop is normal
- because it hides urine and feces, often people won't clean the cage as often as it should be
- dries out their skin and gets stuck in their quills
Most people use fleece strips instead. It's 100% safe