Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum - View Single Post - Is Beach Bum Hedgehogs ACTUALLY a good breeder?
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 05:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
HedgeQuarters

Post Re: Is Beach Bum Hedgehogs ACTUALLY a good breeder?

I have never bought a hedgie from BBH but I have talked with Shelly Before and she is a extremely nice person with extremely beautiful hedgehogs, Not only are they beautiful they are well taken care of and healthy. They are licensed with two licenses too.

-Because they have alot of babies available, doesnt mean that they arent taken care of, granted its hard to do when its just you but Im sure she has help with that.
- Because they dont ask alot of questions before you buy a hedgie is just being polite. They dont feel the need to budge in to your personal business. Not only that but as a hedgehog breeder myself you pretty much get the just of it just from talking to the person. You can tell whether or not they are serious or just looking to waste your time. I dont agree that it is right for breeders to ask 50 questions first and anylize you with stupid questions that dont have anything to do with the hedgehog or does not matter.
-Recomend using against fabric fibers. I would too, because if the hedgehog chews on and swallows the fabric fibers they can get wrapped around inside the stomache and can die. Also if they get them around their feet or their arms they can lose blood flow and their arm or leg would have to be amputated. So in a sence that is smart.
- And them selling "Dangerous" stuff on their website is a matter of opinion. Every hedgehog is different, if it works for hers then fine, great, and her babies are raised that way all the better, you can make the transisition smoother by giving the hedgie what its had all its life. Somethings dont work for certain hedgies while others it works the best. The stupid "Not Recomended" stuff is created by people who dont get that.

Just some thoughts.