Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum - View Single Post - Fabric liner for the cage`s floor.
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 10:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
moxieberry

Default Re: Fabric liner for the cage`s floor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridis Lupus
Hi everyone! I`ve just washed yesterday the pooped/pissed fabric liner i've sewed before. I left it today drying in the sun, but it still smells urine. I was thinking in washing it in the Washing Mashine... but, is it safe for me and my family to wash the hedge's fabric liner in the same washing mashine we use for our clothes?
It's perfectly fine - that's what pretty much everyone does. You should use unscented detergent, though, otherwise the smell could bother your hedgehog. Just make sure you pick off any pieces of poop and shake it out before it goes in the washing machine. Same goes for any quills on the liner. Quills are the only thing that might end up in your clothes, though usually that's only if you wash them in the same load. I suggest making 3-4 liners so you can save them up to do a small hedgehog-only load of laundry every week or so, so you don't have to run the washing machine for only one liner.

USDA licensed breeder in Port Orchard, WA.
Volcano View Hedgehogs
moxieberry is offline   Reply With Quote