Hedgehog Central  Hedgehog pet care & owner forum

Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum (https://www.hedgehogcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Toys (https://www.hedgehogcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   DIY toys (https://www.hedgehogcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190238)

Hedgekitty 01-10-2019 02:54 PM

DIY toys

Hello. I’m wanting to make some toys for my hedgehog but have no idea what toys I should make. I love to make toys for her and love the reward of seeing her enjoy playing with them! If anyone has any ideas of what I could make that would be great. Thanks!

Ria 01-10-2019 03:15 PM

39 Attachment(s)
Felt cone balls
Felt/fleece strip balls
Thats some I made for Holly she enjoys them
I'll have to try find pictures if u want to see what they look like

Hedgekitty 01-11-2019 03:26 AM

I would love to see them!

akitka 01-11-2019 04:08 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are some of mine, but I’d also love to see other people’s! The cardboard tube thing Is a simple puzzle toy, i hide kibble in it, then put Pom poms or balls in and he has to get them out to get the kibble. The strawberry shaped thing I made of cardboard and he seems to really like it, I move it around the cage and he always makes a point to walk through and sit in it. The fleece tube is a definite favourite, it’s open at both ends and he loves to burrow in and sleep in it. ❤️🦔

Ria 01-11-2019 10:14 AM

43 Attachment(s)
Found a picture of one of the cone balls and one of felt strip balls (I have a fleece stirp ball but I cant find a picture)
I'm waiting on more fleece to make her a fleece tunnel

Hedgekitty 01-11-2019 12:19 PM

Thanks so much. I’m gonna try all of these cool ideas!

Hedgekitty 01-13-2019 06:35 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Hello! I started to make some toys and I have added them to the cage. She played with them and I’m really happy. 😄 I think she had lots of fun last night with them cause I could hear her rustling around in the night.

I was just wondering how you made the strawberry akitka? I would love to make it for Snuffle.
Thanks for all the great ideas.
Hear are some of the toys I made for her:

akitka 01-13-2019 07:05 AM

2 Attachment(s)
That’s great! It’s so fun to watch them explore. I’ll have to make some of those fleece balls it sounds like they were a hit. I’ll attach some more photos of the strawberry so you can see the pattern. It’s really just six shapes cut out of greyboard/cardboard and stuck together with a hot glue gun, painted with acrylic and then the little leafs on top are just added for cuteness.

Ria 01-13-2019 08:26 AM

What material did you use for your ball ??

Hedgekitty 01-13-2019 10:42 AM

To Ria- For the Diamond shaped ball I made 5 Pom poms out of navy blue yarn and sewed them together. For the rainbow looking ball, I made it out of strips of fabric and tied it in the middle with yarn.

To akitka- thanks for the extra photos. Definitely going to try the strawberry.